UFC/ESPN trying to "draft race" off the Daytona 500 today?

brackis1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just realized that Fox, who had spent a bunch of years developing casual fans for the UFC is running the Daytona 500 right now and set to end soon. Then the UFC conveniently has a fight card starting immediately thereafter. Smart move to let the Nascar bring in the eyeballs to TVs?

Yes, if you put a card on a Sunday evening right after the former home of said sport has a major event, you take the momentum of their viewership (dudes watching cars go around in a circle who also like to watch dude fight) then you pick up a better rating than a random Sunday.

Now if the UFC could put on a great card more than once a decade that will fix ratings for good.

How big is Nascar in US right now?

There was a hell of a lot more violence at the Daytona 500 than in this fight

Fucking Danica stupid bitch all you do is turn left I turn left better than u

Just realized that Fox, who had spent a bunch of years developing casual fans for the UFC is running the Daytona 500 right now and set to end soon. Then the UFC conveniently has a fight card starting immediately thereafter. Smart move to let the Nascar bring in the eyeballs to TVs?
There is no correlation between this.

When I lived in Charlotte they'd jerk off at the mention of it. NC is the birthplace of the shit. Trust me, they care.
Well yeah Charlotte has a fucking race track. I live in Raleigh, trust me. Nobody here gives a fuck

Well yeah Charlotte has a fucking race track. I live in Raleigh, trust me. Nobody here gives a fuck
I literally watched the last 10 laps and only while watching the prelims at the same time. My hope was to catch a wreck and see what the sport was peddling this year (IDGAF about nascar)

Lived in Asheville too. They loved it the same. Probably just your circle. NASCAR and Cam Newton is all I heard about for three years.

NASCAR is one of the most boring things on TV

Lived in Asheville too. They loved it the same. Probably just your circle. NASCAR and Cam Newton is all I heard about for three years.
i lived in charlotte years ago and had a girlfriend whose cousin worked for richard childress. so we got to go to a bunch of races (i was at jeff gordon's first ever win). and while north carolina is a hot bed for racing, i think it is bigger in charlotte and many smaller towns than it is in a place like raleigh. plus, not sure how long ago it was that you were there, but in the last 5 years the popularity of nascar has plummeted as old stars retired and nobody likes the new kids

i lived in charlotte years ago and had a girlfriend whose cousin worked for richard childress. so we got to go to a bunch of races (i was at jeff gordon's first ever win). and while north carolina is a hot bed for racing, i think it is bigger in charlotte and many smaller towns than it is in a place like raleigh. plus, not sure how long ago it was that you were there, but in the last 5 years the popularity of nascar has plummeted as old stars retired and nobody likes the new kids
I moved there in 2015, left about a year ago. If it's actually less popular now, then I'm certainly glad I wasn't there when it was bigger. I'd rather watch a fifth grade spelling bee than watch people drive in circles.

Back