Open Weight Tourney ?

shankmcgank

Beep/Boop/Bop
@Black
Reaction score
Will we ever see an open weight tournament in UFC or Bellator ? The potential matchups we could get would be amazing. Imagine seeing Khabib vs. DC or Cejudo vs Lesnar, lol. Who wouldn't want to see Dillashaw get prison raped by Picogram Jones ?

I'm guessing it wouldn't get past an athletic commission ?

Is there ever a chance of this happening anywhere ? Maybe a foreign country or on a native reservation ?

It's pointless.
As you can see from the UFC and Ballator HW champs the LHWs would win it co you might as well just do it with LHWs.

Also tournaments suck.

unless theyre fighting twice in 1 night no thanks

Well the Bellator tourney was close enough, MW, LHW & HW were in There.

It's pointless.
As you can see from the UFC and Ballator HW champs the LHWs would win it co you might as well just do it with LHWs.

Also tournaments suck.

Nah, tournaments are the best.

We can see who is the last man standing, the last two standing, the last 4...

WITHOUT worrying about who sells PPV or who is boring.

Not in the UFC.

Guaranteed.

No one below MW would be able to compete. And only the very best MWs at that.

No one below MW would be able to compete. And only the very best MWs at that.
id say the huge 185ers that are really 205ers could compete. rockhold/romero types. didn't list teh chris because his brain has been scrambled a little too many times. rockhold is approaching that as well.

Will we ever see an open weight tournament in UFC or Bellator ? The potential matchups we could get would be amazing. Imagine seeing Khabib vs. DC or Cejudo vs Lesnar, lol. Who wouldn't want to see Dillashaw get prison raped by Picogram Jones ?

I'm guessing it wouldn't get past an athletic commission ?

Is there ever a chance of this happening anywhere ? Maybe a foreign country or on a native reservation ?
Bellator just had one

It's possible but it would probably have to be over an extended period of time so the fighters don't have to fight multiple times a night.

They could set brackets though and update them after each event theoretically. I don't think DFW is smart enough for that though.

I think it would be silly if 135er's fought HWs though so i'd make it MW and up (Tourney) and WW and below (Seperate tourney)

135ers wouldn't participate in that shit man

This would be so old school and incredible. I wonder who would sign up in the lighter weights. this would be so fuckin insane, that would be the biggest paper view of all time.

If like in past organisations two fights in one night occurred, who you had picked winning would change drastically. And the overall winner may just be who took the least amount of damage in their first fight.

Back