Why is UFC going up against the ALL STAR game?

Trifick

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I suppose it's ESPN's decision. Doesn't seem like a smart move. Their fights are usually on Saturday, so this was obviously a strategic decision.

Because they wanted nothing to do with the dunk contest and three point shootout.

Taking a wild guess, there's not much of a crossover between NBA and UFC fans and a television company would have audience research data to confirm it.

Oh that’s tonight? Cool, those of us without cable will have something else to watch.

All-Star game? What league? The time of year dictates either NHL or NBA.

The CFL doesn’t have one and all the rest are just a cash grab.

Oh please- The NBA track meet will do little damage in effecting mma fans watching espn debut ending in true heavyweight classic.

Spoiler- east or west wins 175-165 in an offensive exhibition that's seen every year.
What's the big ?

Last edited:
Between DVR and other technologies, it doesn't matter much anymore.

All-Star game? What league? The time of year dictates either NHL or NBA.

The CFL doesn’t have one and all the rest are just a cash grab.
NBA, but I didn’t know anybody actually watched that for more than five minutes. It’s the same thing every possession

Does anyone actually watch all star games?
Sure people will catch the highlights but there can't be anyone who actually sits through the whole game other than friends and family of the players.

MMA fans want some real action after Bellator shit the bed.

I'm an NBA fan and even I don't care about the All-Star game. It's usually a pick-up game style, no-defense, score-fest with no meaning whatsoever. I like the 3 pt Shootout, Rising Stars and all that better than the actual game anyway.

I suppose it's ESPN's decision. Doesn't seem like a smart move. Their fights are usually on Saturday, so this was obviously a strategic decision.
Were in 2019 bro. People have like 5 screens at their homes (phones, tablets, tvs). U dont have to chose, u can tune into both ;-)

ESPN has a point to prove after they dropped all that money for UFC deal

No matter what the competition is, I imagine it's going to blow away the average Fox Sports 1 numbers. The prelims on big ESPN have been getting great ratings.

No one actually watches the NBA All Star Game. I love basketball and I've maybe watched 10 minutes total of the ASG.

Now, I'll watch the Dunk Contest sometimes, and that was on yesterday (didn't watch it this year though).

Back