Media DVR listing for ESPN shows UFC Archival but airing women's college basketball instead

GSP_37

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
I frantically cleared DVR space to record 3x 1 hr episodes of UFC Archival (assuming this is like UFC Unleashed) and they're actually showing women's college basketball instead. Shows where UFC ranks in ESPN and contrasts how FS1 prioritized airing anything UFC related. The ESPN channel that's supposed to be showing women's college basketball is showing women's college softball.

There were other times I'd keyword search on DVR "UFC" and schedule it to record ESPN, but those would end up disappearing without having recorded anything UFC.

Yeah, my channel guide says UFC 232 but it's women's college basketball.

Fights always took a backseat to FS1 crap. basketball, baseball. had to search 4 other channels looking for the step child program to get picked up.

I frantically cleared DVR space to record 3x 1 hr episodes of UFC Archival (assuming this is like UFC Unleashed) and they're actually showing women's college basketball instead. Shows where UFC ranks in ESPN and contrasts how FS1 prioritized airing anything UFC related. The ESPN channel that's supposed to be showing women's college basketball is showing women's college softball.

There were other times I'd keyword search on DVR "UFC" and schedule it to record ESPN, but those would end up disappearing without having recorded anything UFC.

They had Ariel Helwani's MMA show listed last night on ESPN 2 for an hour block. It was actually an episode of UFC unleashed or something. I barely ever watch Ariel anymore. I was actually mildly excited to see him on regular TV. But nope

Fights always took a backseat to FS1 crap. basketball, baseball. had to search 4 other channels looking for the step child program to get picked up.

Yep. Short memories around here. How many cards were on FX3 because of a baseball game? Plenty.

Womens basketball is great for a laugh. Watch it like really watch it. If the ball even hits the rim it's a victory. The scores are like 30-22 total.

giphy.gif

Look at all the fan there too!

Yeah, my channel guide says UFC 232 but it's women's college basketball.
They're gonna show Jones vs Gus 2 on TV so soon? I just paid the cable bill for that PPV the other day.

That was for overflow past the original timeslot though.

I asked Dana on twitter for you, here’s the response I got...

Who doesn’t love watching women’s college softball ya goof. Enjoy the show! You should’ve brought actual tickets ya dummy.

They're showing Mendes vs Volkanovski now so maybe it is the Jones vs Gus 2 PPV replay after all. Weird because an hour ago it was womens college basketball first quarter, so couldn't have been over yet.

I cant even believe that adults will watch other adults chasing a ball around lol. I see more athleticism at the dog park

Live sports should always be aired over a re run on espn

Womens basketball is great for a laugh. Watch it like really watch it. If the ball even hits the rim it's a victory. The scores are like 30-22 total.

giphy.gif

Look at all the fan there too!

They're gonna show Jones vs Gus 2 on TV so soon? I just paid the cable bill for that PPV the other day.

It's on now.

Edit: they were just about to show Cyborg/Nunes but switched back to girls basketball.

Last edited:
That was for overflow past the original timeslot though.

FS2 only had a SD broadcast for a while and they let a Washington baseball game, that meant nothing on who won, go 18 innings. It was 90 (?) minutes overrun.

It's on now.

Edit: they were just about to show Cyborg/Nunes but switched back to girls basketball.
Seems they showed like 23 min of womens basketball then back to Jones vs Gus 2 main event. Maybe drunk interns are in charge of ESPN today.

Back