Best pressure standup fighters in mma?

Holloway IMO

max-holloway-vs-jose-aldo-GIF.gif

Holloway.

Most incredible pace in the UFC, people can't keep up.

Nick Diaz, Fedor, Cain...

Last edited:
Holloway has the best defense of any pressure standup guy

Prime RDA was very fun

Does holding someone on the fence count as standup fighting?

Tony Ferguson, Khabib, Gaethje. Those guys will keep coming at you, you cannot stop their pressure. Holloway can pressure the 145ers

Holloway and Tony are the best active fighters

Diaz brothers (when they used to fight) against non-wrestlers were awesome too

Holloway IMO

max-holloway-vs-jose-aldo-GIF.gif

Yeah man... I was chief of the Ortega WarWagon - I was sure Brian was gonna beat him, that he had got lucky/fought opponents at the wrong time/whatever...

It was one of the most impressive fight performances I have ever seen. Holloway never gave him a single inch... Even on the pivets Ortega would eat 4-5 punches, and that's while he's trying to regroup and think for half a second.

Made me a believer. I know I'm late to the party, but that fight blew me away.

Yeah man... I was chief of the Ortega WarWagon - I was sure Brian was gonna beat him, that he had got lucky/fought opponents at the wrong time/whatever...

It was one of the most impressive fight performances I have ever seen. Holloway never gave him a single inch... Even on the pivets Ortega would eat 4-5 punches, and that's while he's trying to regroup and think for half a second.

Also conductor of Wartega Train. Holloway is the truth!

Ya man, that performance has to be my favourite from Blessed. Relentless pace, constant pressure, & a granite chin.

Super stoked for his next fight dude, I'm hoping it is againts Ferg..... That would be pure insanity. Max By TKO IMO.
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Still can't get over what Holloway did to Ortega's face bro.

833D705D-C766-45D6-96F6-348B62311FB9-removebg.png

Holioway. Volume and stamina of the Diaz brothers but has better defense as to not take the damage they take and the footwork to keep up and catch awkward angles on his opponents. Dude was hitting Ortega with 3-4 punch combos before Ortega knew where they were coming from and he was the first guy I ever saw trap Aldo against the fence.

Conor McGregor and Darren Till are also pretty good but kind of one note in that their main offense is their counter lefts.

Chris Weidman circa 2014 and RDA circa 2014-2016 were good overall pressure fighters in that they would use their striking and wrestling in their offense in the above examples, not exactly strikers per say.

Tony Ferguson is kind of a mixture. Throws the volume, doesn't have the footwork to really cut people off but mixes his game up well enough for that not to really matter.

Ya man, that performance has to be my favourite from Blessed. Relentless pace, constant pressure, & a granite chin.

Super stoked for his next fight dude, I'm hoping it is againts Ferg..... That would be pure insanity. Max By TKO IMO.
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Would be a crazy fight... There's a big size difference there, but the amount of energy thei two of them would expend would be enough to power a small city.

What do you mean by pressure?

I think an extensive use of feints could be count as a pressure too.

As well as shuffling forward footwork.

Darren Till is underrated pressure fighter.

Tony has footwork, not feints.

Holloway has both but he's calculated.

Israel Adesanya will press you with all sorts of feints and angles as well.

Conor McGregor is very agressive counterpuncher.

THERE IS NO ONE WAY TO IMPLY PRESSURE!

Last edited:
Back