The Official Prediction Thread for UFC Fight Night: Ngannou vs. Velasquez

ChaelSonnen

The American Gangster
@purple
Reaction score
Let's see your predictions for the fights tonight, sherbros!

The card is as follows:

Main Card (ESPN)
Weight class Method Round Time Notes
Heavyweight Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez
Lightweight James Vick vs. Paul Felder
Women's Strawweight Cortney Casey vs. Cynthia Calvillo
Featherweight Alex Caceres vs. Kron Gracie
Welterweight Vicente Luque vs. Bryan Barberena
Featherweight Andre Fili vs. Myles Jury
Preliminary Card (ESPN)
Bantamweight Jimmie Rivera vs. Aljamain Sterling
Catchweight (140 lbs) Benito Lopez vs. Manny Bermudez
Women's Flyweight Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Andrea Lee
Lightweight Scott Holtzman vs. Nik Lentz
Early Preliminary Card (ESPN+)
Catchweight (138 lbs) Renan Barão vs. Luke Sanders
Catchweight (118 lbs) Jessica Penne vs. Jodie Esquibel
Women's Strawweight Aleksandra Albu vs. Emily Whitmire

My predictions:
56349-1575652.png

@Spath and @VVarhead:
<209Bitch>

Ngannou first round knockout
Felder decision
Kron to lose
Calvio beats cacey
Fili beats Jury

Ngannou first round knockout
Felder decision
Kron to lose
Calvio beats cacey
Fili beats Jury
Very interesting picks. I'm really torn on the Cain/Ngannou fight. Cain is 36 and has been out for 3 years. I don't know if his reaction time is the same and if he'll be able to avoid the power of Ngannou for the first 2 rounds. Plus he has been very vocal about wanting to join the WWE as of late, so I don't know if his heart is fully in it.
At the same time, this is freaking Cain Velasquez, arguably the HW GOAT. Trains at AKA with elite sparring partners and coaches.

I might change my pick as I think about the fight more through-out the day. Can't wait to watch it, though.

56349-1571805.png

I don't like this card. I think Bermudez is a lock, though. Thinking about dropping money on him, still need to check the odds everywhere.

56349-1575657.png

Here - We - Go!

<Goldie11>

As a reigning, defending, undisputed sherdogweight champ of the world.. I’d like to wish you all good luck!

Let’s hope the fights are great and someone pleases the Just Bleed God!

<{Joewithit}> <{JustBleed}>

Ngannou and Felder, I don't care about the rest.

Very interesting picks. I'm really torn on the Cain/Ngannou fight. Cain is 36 and has been out for 3 years. I don't know if his reaction time is the same and if he'll be able to avoid the power of Ngannou for the first 2 rounds. Plus he has been very vocal about wanting to join the WWE as of late, so I don't know if his heart is fully in it.
At the same time, this is freaking Cain Velasquez, arguably the HW GOAT. Trains at AKA with elite sparring partners and coaches.

I might change my pick as I think about the fight more through-out the day. Can't wait to watch it, though.
How good do you feel about the Kron/Leeroy fight? I've got some decent coin on a Cain/Kron parlay. The Cain fight is making me nervous and I thought about putting more on Kron alone in case I lose the parlay. I know anything can happen in a fight. I don't mean to put undue pressure on you, but do you see Kron being able to evade Leeroy's unorthodox striking?

Cain (probably)
Vick
Cavillo
Kron
Luque

Lee
Saunders

Not going to guess the other ones.

How good do you feel about the Kron/Leeroy fight? I've got some decent coin on a Cain/Kron parlay. The Cain fight is making me nervous and I thought about putting more on Kron alone in case I lose the parlay. I know anything can happen in a fight. I don't mean to put undue pressure on you, but do you see Kron being able to evade Leeroy's unorthodox striking?
Caceres isn’t a devastating striker. Kron isn’t in huge danger while standing and he needs to put pressure on Caceres and decide when to move in. Kron will get peppered in range so if he just waits for the right opportunity, he’ll be at a disadvantage.

I’d like to picture it like Maia did against Lyman Good (Caceres obviously moves better inside the octagon). As soon as Maia got a hold of Good, it was pretty much over. He didn’t let go and suffocated the poor man.

That’s what I hope to see from Kron. Get Caceres against the cage, get the clinch, trip him, single leg, whatever. Just keep going until he has Alex where he wants him. We’ve seen Caceres submitted before and he won’t be able to hang for long.

It should be a fun fight!

My predictions:
<209Bitch>
I had 7/12, 2 perfect. You had 6/12, 3 perfect.

Should we call it a draw or what? If you don’t accept a draw or give me the victory, then I suggest you send me location.

<{UberTS}>

Back