Why is kos considered a big win?

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
im looking at kos' resume and there's like two names that mean anything, rumble and Hughes. Of course that version of Hughes was 40 and washed up and that rumble fight was horseshit because of a fake knee to the head.

Be that as it may, those are his only wins that mean anything. Other than that, he has wins over Luke cummo, Dustin hazelett, diego, lytle who I should put in good win column I guess, Daley who has sucked forever, the ghost of frank trigg and iron jaw goulet.

So why is kos considered a legit legacy win for any fighter?

Dunno. Good wrestler I guess.

What's he been up to ??

lol @ your username asking such a question. The same really could be said of BJ Penn.

That Diego win was big at the time. Also, who said koscheck is considered a big win?

prime koscheck was definitely a top 10 guy, some of the best wrestling in WW history, he should have used it more near the end of his career instead of trying to land that fastball right hand.

should have won the hendricks decision too.

He was a good fighter for his time.
Had wins over guys who were beasts of his era.
Solid wrestling and improved his hands.

You can retroactively dissect any fighters record into saying that they don’t have good wins when compared to the current landscape.
The times change.
<LikeReally5>

Fought the GOAT twice to a decision should count for something

im looking at kos' resume and there's like two names that mean anything, rumble and Hughes. Of course that version of Hughes was 40 and washed up and that rumble fight was horseshit because of a fake knee to the head.

Be that as it may, those are his only wins that mean anything. Other than that, he has wins over Luke cummo, Dustin hazelett, diego, lytle who I should put in good win column I guess, Daley who has sucked forever, the ghost of frank trigg and iron jaw goulet.

So why is kos considered a legit legacy win for any fighter?

He’s not. He was a hyped up TUF alum with a certain personality.

He got thumped hard by 2 very limited Brazilians during his “title run”.

He was overrated for his entire career.

Was one of the best WW's during his peak. A great wrestler with serious K.O power. Remove GSP from the WW division he could have easily been champion for a decent bit

The sport has evolved so much since he fought. Dude was on TUF 1. It’s way different now. I was not a fan. But give some credit where it is due.

Because he has the same hairdo as your Av?

257769.jpg
Koscheck-Josh-UFC106-2.jpg

Just watch his fights and you will see he was a formidable specimen, difficult to beat easily.

Who considers Kos a “big” win TS?

Kos was Sonnen with KO power and better sub defence. Sonnen is considered a big win though

In absolutely no world could the same be said of bj
Sherk and Hughes.

Add in a terrible record with the heart of a mouse.

Yea Penn is probably the most overrated fighter in mma history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back