Who said that Minakov is the HW Version of Khabib

Pokemon24

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dude is awful and lost to a 43 hesitant Chick Kongo

You mean a Russian was overhyped??? No! I don't believe it!

Next you'll tell me the world isn't flat!

Idk man, he looked a lot better in his last fight against Tony Johnson, but that was a year ago. Not sure what happened to him, he looked good in the first round but his stamina went downhill after that <DCrying>

besides stylistically minakov is quite different from khabib.

Last edited:
Idk man, he looked a lot better in his last fight against Tony Johnson, but that was a year ago. Not sure what happened to him, he looked good in the first round but his stamina went downhill after that <DCrying>

Hard knees to the nuts tend to reduce your stamina.

Was he always like this? His right didn't land, he got gassed, so he practically gives up and tries to land a slow leaping right with no combinations or anything.

Ps: only idiots drooling over ringside commentator opinions will believe it is a robbery. Minakov didn't land once in the second round. Cheick was slipping all the labored right hands with ease.

Hard knees to the nuts tend to reduce your stamina.
mehhh i doubt it had that large of an effect. minakov got like a 40-60 second break after that. he just got tired of chasing kongo around i guess

He had the perfect cocktail for being overhyped.

Not in UFC - check
Russian - check
Sambo background - check

Pretty much everything Sherdog loves to overhype.

Hadn't fought in two years, Cheick been active and lost a close decision to him years ago. I don't know why he wasn't throwing, but he should have KO'd him, I just made a lot of money. +400? Please. Ridiculous odds in Bellator.

Like I've been saying for a long time. It's not just normal hype. You're considered to be a hipster here on Sherdog if you hype fringe Russian fighters that have never faced any top competition.

You're dumb. He is very good, and Kongo is extremely underrated.

Just a few months ago Sherbros were insisting he is a top five HW.

<{anton}>

I thought he did enough to win.

He did run out of gas though.

he looked awful, but i was surprised the UD went to him. if it was a UD i was certain it would be for minakov. very surprised

he was sloppy and he gassed in the first round. just kept going to the well for that big right hand over and over. when he clinched with kongo he couldnt seem to out grapple him either. his conditioning really did him in this fight

Back