How about Adesanya vs. Weidman next?

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I would rather Adesanya take a fight, rather than waiting for the Gastelum vs. Whittaker match - which needs to happen.

So, why not fight Weidman?

Weidman wants a chance to prove he can fight the best, Adesanya still needs a defining win.

2019 Weidman is a relatively easy fight for Adesanya. With ever-improving takedown and overall grappling defense, and Weidman still not having very good defense (essentially being a punching bag), I think it is a good test for both.

Unless Adesanya vs. Jacare gets made, which I still think Adesanya would win. Jacare doesn't have a very good takedown threat.

Thoughts?

Would watch. Weidman would rassle the breaks clean off him.

Its risky from the UFC's Pov. Weidman might destroy him, Izzy is the up and comer and The Chris is on a bad decline.

Israel would finally end Weidman’s flukey career. Easy win. Weidman has no chin and terrible cardio, it would look like the Mousasi fight except Weidman gets KTFO.

Israel needs someone better then a has been whose 1-4 in his last five.

Weidman doesn’t deserve that fight.

Weidman wins easily
Adesanya best win is career gatekeeper Derek Brunson
Adesanya gets destroyed by any of the top 5
Though I will say rob is his best style matchup

Would watch. Weidman would rassle the breaks clean off him.
I am not so sure about this, Weidman's cardio isn't the greatest and especially if his opponent fights back. Adesanya's footwork is also good enough to circle and avoid shots.

Yeah. Weidman is 1-4 in the past 3 years and is coming off a loss. He should be fighting Brunson.
No
Weidmans win over Gastelum is better than anything Adesanya has done in his career
Adesanya should be fighting a guy like Weidman
Adesanya hasn’t accomplished anything in the game

Back