Lee waiting on Makhachev, makhachev responds

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
“He called me out a week ago. I hit up Sean Shelby right away. I’m like, let’s make the fight happen,” Lee said on a recent edition of Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show. “And I still haven’t heard no answer back. So I’m assuming that the holdup is all on his end. His manager is with it. Sean is with it. And everybody else is with it. He just ain’t said nothing yet.”

“What can I do? I’m waiting on a call.”

https://www.mmanews.com/kevin-lee-awaiting-islam-makhachev-camp-to-finalize-fight/

Makhachev responds claiming that he never got a bout agreement.

I hope this fight gets finalized soon otherwise the opportunity might slip away from makhachev.

Why do all "Russian" names end in a "V"?

edit: I've got my answer move along people

Last edited:
I respect Lee for taking this fight and not being a hypocrite. Hes always called Khabib out when he was very low ranked so to see him give a up and comer a chance to take his spot is commendable.

I respect Lee for taking this fight and not being a hypocrite. Hes always called Khabib out when he was very low ranked so to see him give a up and comer a chance to take his spot is commendable.

He's talked shit about dagestani wrestlers before, then ignored two dagestani wrestlers -- khabilov and islam-- only to accept a fight with a striker from dagestani. It's about time to see if he can hang with the wrestlers he was critiquing. I hope this fight happens.

Lee is a super tough fight in 3 rounds fight
if Islam managed to out-grapple him then we have a better Khabib than Khabib

Last edited:
fedor-emelianenko-B172Scrum-750.jpg

I just asked my Russian friend and this was her response:

"Khabib nurmagomedov had an ancestor who was called Nurmagomed. All his sons and grandsons took his name as a family name. So nurmagomedov means "belonging to a family line of some nurmagomed who lived years ago"

She said it's the same with names that end in -ev, too.

So basically the -ev or -ov ending implies that you are of that ancestor's family I guess.

My ignorant theory is that 'ev' or 'ov' roughly translates to 'son of'

Magomed Magomedov = Magomed Magomedson/Magomed McMagomed/Magomed O'Magomed/Magomed bin Magomed etc.

I just asked my Russian friend and this was her response:

"Khabib nurmagomedov had an ancestor who was called Nurmagomed. All his sons and grandsons took his name as a family name. So nurmagomedov means "belonging to a family line of some nurmagomed who lived years ago"

She said it's the same with names that end in -ev, too.

So basically the -ev or -ov ending implies that you are of that ancestor's family I guess.

My ignorant theory is that 'ev' or 'ov' roughly translates to 'son of'

Magomed Magomedov = Magomed Magomedson/Magomed McMagomed/Magomed O'Magomed/Magomed bin Magomed etc.

Thanks for the info,

I found this article and it is pretty much what you guys are saying. Also some of them actually change their names.

interesting read

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-Russian-leaders-often-have-names-ending-with-in

Anyways @fortheo i didn't mean to derail yur thread.

should be a good match up

Back