The strategy for Usman againstTyron is the same with Khabib's against Conor

Bombadil

You gave me yellow card, but i still love you.
Banned
Reaction score
We all know Woodley is not knows for his stamina but he knows how he can use his stamina economically (fans don't like his eco stamina 5 punches per round fight style) and he is pretty good with it, it is also very similiar to Yoel's and Conor's fighting style. Easily gassed because of power punches. So he doesn't punches a lot but punches good.
We all can agree Usman has better cardio than Woodley so the strategy against Woodley must be tiring up him in early rounds avoiding his punches and pushing the pace in 3 4 5. I like his chances though.
Edit: I may be wrong with "same" but I think the strategy is similiar.

Only difference is Tyron is better than Marty everywhere

It's going to look like the Shields fight where Woodley gets stuck against the fence and does nothing

Usman is a better wrestler with more cardio than Jake so I see a pretty decisive victory for him.

Usman is by far the best wressler Tyrone has fought since he lost to Rory. Its not even close and thats why i think he stands a good chance. Rory made him look like crap.

Personally I think that Woodley will win this fight, he's faster, more experienced, in his prime, and has better wrestling credentials than Usman. However, Usman is a legitimate threat and rightful challenger. I made a short video on this if anyone likes this fight and watching this kind of YouTube content.

Only way Usman can win is to hug on the wall while getting a few takedowns.

It's going to look like the Shields fight where Woodley gets stuck against the fence and does nothing

Usman is a better wrestler with more cardio than Jake so I see a pretty decisive victory for him.
Usman is a d2 wrestler

We all know Woodley is not knows for his stamina but he knows how he can use his stamina economically (fans don't like his eco stamina 5 punches per round fight style) and he is pretty good with it, it is also very similiar to Yoel's and Conor's fighting style. Easily gassed because of power punches. So he doesn't punches a lot but punches good.
We all can agree Usman has better cardio than Woodley so the strategy against Woodley must be tiring up him in early rounds avoiding his punches and pushing the pace in 3 4 5. I like his chances though.
Edit: I may be wrong with "same" but I think the strategy is similiar.
I agree. Sub par cardio is the price Woodley pays for carrying all that bulk, it's his most notable weakness, he's just good at expending energy very conservatively. It would be stupid to not exploit it.

The desperation from you Usman Fans/Woodley Haters is priceless. Just like with the Brian Ortega fans before he fought Max Holloway, you guys are taking one aspect of his game, his only chance of winning mind you, and are EXTRAPOLATING the fuck out of it.

Yes, from what we've seen Usman has the better and proven wrestling pedigree, but who has he gone against that has the wrestling pedigree of Woodley? He may be better, but he's gotten by beating people who perform very terribly against wreslters. RDA? Come on, He's been getting ragdolled by grapplers/wrestlers since 2014, that's his worse match up. Damian Maia? Good grappler himself, but gets lost in the sauce when it comes to a good wrestler. Emil Meek? Do I need to say more.

Ya'll are really buying into the hype of a man that beat 2 people in the entire top 10, acting like he's got a legit shot at beating Woodley. He's unproven when it comes to going against someone of a similar wrestling pedigree. Woodley's got a strong base, and will be able to keep him off of him. Will Usman be able to eat the shots?

The desperation from you Usman Fans/Woodley Haters is priceless. Just like with the Brian Ortega fans before he fought Max Holloway, you guys are taking one aspect of his game, his only chance of winning mind you, and are EXTRAPOLATING the fuck out of it.

Yes, from what we've seen Usman has the better and proven wrestling pedigree, but who has he gone against that has the wrestling pedigree of Woodley? He may be better, but he's gotten by beating people who perform very terribly against wreslters. RDA? Come on, He's been getting ragdolled by grapplers/wrestlers since 2014, that's his worse match up. Damian Maia? Good grappler himself, but gets lost in the sauce when it comes to a good wrestler. Emil Meek? Do I need to say more.

Ya'll are really buying into the hype of a man that beat 2 people in the entire top 10, acting like he's got a legit shot at beating Woodley. He's unproven when it comes to going against someone of a similar wrestling pedigree. Woodley's got a strong base, and will be able to keep him off of him. Will Usman be able to eat the shots?
You are and idiot, i didnt even said im an Usman fan.

If he get's dropped and then outwrestled, then that doesn't count <{1-2}>.

I'm 100% sure unhurt Usman outwrestles Woodley.
it does matter- we're talking about MMA wrestling, I don't care if he's the better pure wrestler

You are and idiot, i didnt even said im an Usman fan.

Quote me where I said you in particular are an Usman fan??? I'll wait....

And you might not be an Usman fan, but you're definitely preaching to their choir. People need to realize Usman is in over there head, It's not nice to give people false hope. He's got wrestling, and pressure, THAT'S IT!

In a division stacked with mostly wrestlers, HE HASN'T FACED ONE! It's easy to say he has better Cardio going against people who can't hit hard, or keep him off.

I might be an "Idiot" but facts are facts, and you comparing Woodley to Conor is dumber than anything I've said so far.

Back