Fighters that surprised you they never became a UFC champion?

IGotAHugePeckah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Crocop has to be #1 for me for sure. Came to the UFC after the OWGP win and seemed to be in his absolute prime. All he had to do was beat a 44 year old Couture who had been KO'd stiff twice by Chuck in the previous years.

Then maybe Overeem after he easily destroyed Brock. I thought he could beat JDS or Cain at the time, guess he did end up beating JDS.

Then Grey Maynard, undefeated who had already beaten Frankie and IMO should have gotten the decision in the 2nd fight instead of the draw. Either way came razor close to stopping him twice for the belt.

Erick Silva will realize his immense potential one day.

Erick Silva but at least there's still time

tenor.gif

Rory, Henderson, Rumble, Faber, Artem etc.

I think Rumble would've been a shoe in of he didn't have Jones and DC in his weightclass at the time.

As it was he had the shit luck of having 2 of the best MMA fighters ever at his weight at the same time.

Cerrone and the undefeated Chael Sonnen.

I honestly thought Giblert had a better chance at winning the title than Alvarez when they got signed respectively.

Filho I thought would dominate Anderson on the ground before he went crazy.

Oliviera looks like he has limitless technical talent and is an offensive monster. But he is still young.

Rory and Mousasi have also wandered around in the top 10 for countless years without ever getting a title.

Also brandon Vera was hyped up big until big tim ended that hype train lol

Back