Bisping and podcast host compoare Chael to Colby: "Chael likable, Colby not"

Eusung

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Do you agree with Bisping and the host's praise of Chael?

Cliff notes:

-Chael came across as an everyman having fun
-Colby comes off as that bully or meathead stereotype looking down on others
-Chael made it more obvious he didn't really believe what he was saying
-Chael more self-deprecating

Bisping says somewhat agrees with Chael calling himself the best trash talker in the sport.

Chael doesn't sound like a pre-teen.

And Colby is completely fake, at least I can believe that Chael is some kind of shady Saul Goodman like character...because he is..

CnXjqaHUkAMdFZ_.jpg

Colby is like a piece of shit in high school who would've eventually been shamed or embarressed by society into growing up, but who found a hero in the President and now thinks that's how men act.

If Colby's sister sent messages to Tyron trying to get with him then that means she is betraying Colby. Her plan is if Colby loses to Tyron then she'll switch sides and join Tyron. If I was Colby I would call her out on it

Duh.
Chaels gimmick is a self aware, often self depreciating caricature of his own personality. Even when he says offensive things about Brazil they're so over the top that you cant even really be offended. Its perfect shit talk, it's fun and polarizing and effective and stupid.

Colby just comes off stupid, and hes not quick tounged enough to make it convincing. You dont even believe he believes what hes talking about. Even his fans dont think its clever. They just like to think anyone who thinks its stupid is triggered by it, and they think that the reactions or funny. Dude was that wrestling kid in highs school who couldn't play team sports, and only started wrestling because his mom was tired of him being bullied every day.
Colbys done like one funny thing, and that's spoil movies on twitter - and even that felt like a forced dick move.

Chael doesn't sound like a pre-teen.

And Colby is completely fake, at least I can believe that Chael is some kind of shady Saul Goodman like character...because he is..

CnXjqaHUkAMdFZ_.jpg
I never thought about the Saul Goodman comparison but you hit the nail on the head

Guys who can talk forever without getting tired, and sound so convincing that it seems like they believe their own bullshit at times

Colby Will always be the little guy who couldn't stop Jon Jones boning his mother.

That type of pain could turn honey bitter.

<FutbolThink>

If Chael worked as much on his mma game as he did on cutting his pro wrestling promos perhaps he would’ve been a champ at one point

Chael cuts pro wrestling promos. That's basically it . He played a heel character .

Also his humor was often so over the top you knew it wasn't real, like all his jokes about Brazil or the Noguera brothers chasing s bus with a carott etc. It was fun and mostly light hearted

If Colby would just come out of the closet it would actually boost his career. He could be the first openly gay male fighter in MMA. Everything else he does is painfully fake, his trash talk seems mean and not intellectual. It’s all to hide his insecurities of being an obviously gay man.

Chael is fairly clever and funny, and comes up with good insults and commentary. Colby basically shouts "You're a virgin!!" over and over..

Chael is hilarious, intelligent and genuinely entertaining with his antics. Colby is none of those things. He's a poser wannbe and it shows.

Bisping is correct. Colby doesn't seem genuine at all and it's like a bad parody. Chael is funny when he does it.

Chael being a more enjoyable character than Colby is the result of many subtle je ne sais quoi type things. It would be hard to put one's finger on why in any succinct way, but yeah Chael keeps his tongue planted in his cheek and is clever and Colby is, um, not.

Back