Why didnt Anderson face the reigning LHW champ when he was the MW champ?

dildos

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I have never understood why the fearless Anderson Silva never jumped up to light heavyweight and faced the champ.

He sure faced stiff competition in light heavyweight being none other than James Irvin
20100320050418_img_9166_medium.jpg
and the two TUF season one finalists... How impressive is that!!??

Why did Anderson not want to face legit competition at light heavyweight? Was he scared he would get absolutely starched? If any of you are gonna say 'wahh wahh Forrest just lost the championship in his last fight!' just dont. Forrest is not a good fighter. He pulled 2 miracles out of his ass during his career, one the first shogun fight, two the rampage fight. When Forrest wasnt pulling miracles out of his ass he was running from the cage crying that he lost.

So what gives? Why did Anderson never challenge real competition at light heavyweight?

He matrix KO’d Forrest one fight removed from being champion after just beating Shogun+Rampage

Last edited:
he wanted to get the belt but they wouldnt let him

i think around 2008ish

They didn't let him just like they didn't let Aldo. UFC controls whos champ. Better question, why didn't GSP fight Anderson?

I have never understood why the fearless Anderson Silva never jumped up to light heavyweight and faced the champ.

He sure faced stiff competition in light heavyweight being none other than James Irvin
20100320050418_img_9166_medium.jpg
and the two TUF season one finalists... How impressive is that!!??

Why did Anderson not want to face legit competition at light heavyweight? Was he scared he would get absolutely starched? If any of you are gonna say 'wahh wahh Forrest just lost the championship in his last fight!' just dont. Forrest is not a good fighter. He pulled 2 miracles out of his ass during his career, one the first shogun fight, two the rampage fight. When Forrest wasnt pulling miracles out of his ass he was running from the cage crying that he lost.

So what gives? Why did Anderson never challenge real competition at light heavyweight?

Yeah he must of be shook like GSP right?

Surely he could of beaten jones or chuck...

What duck..

(This is a sarcastic response)

He beat Forrest for what it's worth. He was going to have a super fight with Jon Jones at LHW at one point but plans changed

Anderson-Silva-Chris-Weidman.jpg

Never wanted to fight Shogun and Claims Jones to be the GOAT... but I did enjoy him going Matrix on the middle tier...

Didn't he say they were too big and his focus is the 185 pound title. Being serious, remember him saying that, it was long ago.

thats totally irrelevant to the thread you idiot.

i see your reading comprehension skills are very good.

Answer the question moron. GSP went up 1 time to MW just to fight the worst champion in UFC history Michael Bisping. A can

He didn’t want to mess with Lyoto’s chances for the LHW title.

Anderson could have easily taken the LHW title (KOd former champ Forrest) anytime he wanted until Jones became champ.

A lot of bullshit answers so far. The reason is...he had team mates in the 205 class. He didn’t want to take the belt that machida and Lil nog were chasing. Then jones got it and he really wanted no part of a jones fight ever

Answer the question moron. GSP went up 1 time to MW just to fight the worst champion in UFC history Michael Bisping. A can
lol. so you know and realise GSP came out of a 4 year retirement jumped up weight and beat the current champ.

anderson never did anything like that, didnt even fight a legit top 5 fighter in light heavyweight.

Why do you say that
would you ever say forrest was really the upper echelon of the light heavyweight division when he was there?

he was a decent jack of all trades but master of none. heart prevailed more than talent and skill.

he wasnt good.

Back