REAL El Cucuy fans, question for you...

Wise1

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Who would you rather Tony fight NEXT

Khabib OR Conor?
BUT before you answer, consider these points:

1) Tony has repeatedly stated that his priority above all is securing his families future. Money > Titles.

2) Tony is 35yo and has been fighting for 11+ years. Tony takes/has taken a lot of damage. We all know that age and mileage will eventually factor in and seeing how instrumental his “toughness” has been towards his success, you cannot deny that he will not likely remain on top without it...
on top = big fights = big paydays.
JUST SO WE’RE CLEAR - “big paydays” by UFC standards generally range anywhere from a quarter million to a couple million.

- vs Pettis - Tony was paid $155k, disclosed.
- vs Lee - Tony was paid $500k, disclosed.
- Nate reportedly earned upwards of twelve million for his rematch with Conor.
3) Should Conor’s next fight result in a loss, that red panty night is gone. Another loss for Conor significantly diminishes his drawing power and although a Conor fight could even then still be lucrative, it would pale by comparison. TODAY, a Conor fight for Tony would mean life changing money = family security = mission accomplished.

So what do you guys think? Would you rather Tony risk a loss vs Khabib which would kill his opportunity at a red panty night with Conor, assuming of course that Conor is still as big a draw at that point in time? Does Tony have another ten fights in him where he stays “on top” and continues to earn “big paydays” which if you added them all up would still be less than what he could potentially make in one fight vs Conor?

I appreciate Tony and I want him to get what he wants and deserves. No one in the LW division has earned that red panty night more.

Last edited:
Tony Ferguson's the type of guy to reuse his condoms to save the environment

Conor because the fight will most likely happen where as Tony vs Khabib will never happen

IT DOESN'T MATTER
[smull1]<4>
Tony likely gets and wins both.

Khabib OR Conor?

1) Tony has repeatedly stated that his priority above all is securing his families future. Money > Titles.

2) Tony is 35yo and has been fighting for 11+ years. Tony takes/has taken a lot of damage. We all know that age and mileage will eventually factor in and seeing how instrumental his “toughness” has been towards his success, you cannot deny that he will not likely remain on top without it...
JUST SO WE’RE CLEAR - “big paydays” by UFC standards generally range anywhere from a quarter million to a couple million.

3) Should Conor’s next fight result in a loss, that red panty night is gone. Another loss for Conor significantly diminishes his drawing power and although a Conor fight could even then still be lucrative, it would pale by comparison. TODAY, a Conor fight for Tony would mean life changing money = family security = mission accomplished.

So what do you guys think? Would you rather Tony risk a loss vs Khabib which would kill his opportunity at a red panty night with Conor, assuming of course that Conor is still as big a draw at that point in time? Does Tony have another ten fights in him where he stays “on top” and continues to earn “big paydays” which if you added them all up would still be less than what he could potentially make in one fight vs Conor?

I love and appreciate Tony and I want him to get what he wants and deserves. No one in the LW division has earned that red panty night more.
A fighters first job is provide for his family,then Khabib but all this is meaningless talk Conor don't want that snapjitsu.

Khabib OR Conor?

I love and appreciate Tony and I want him to get what he wants and deserves. No one in the LW division has earned that red panty night more.
IF that red panty night was the only thing on top of his list he wouldn't have bothered still calling out Khabib. I personally think he would favor the Khabib fight over the Conor fight if he had to choose tomorrow. The Khabib fight is more about winning, therefore he should take that fight before his age sets in. A Conor fight is for the big money, whether he wins or loses doesn't affect the payday that much. And one doesn't exclude the other, he can still have both, he's not exactly declining that fast.

I just want him to fight for the belt. The guy is more than deserving of it. Conor doesn't want the smoke and Khabib is going through his shit. Just give the man a shot!

IT DOESN'T MATTER
[smull1]<4>
Tony likely gets and wins both.

1- He’d have to beat Khabib.
2- Conor would have to win his next fight.

Why gamble when what you want is right in front of you vs Conor, win OR lose.

Tony should fight whomever he wants to fight.

Personally, i just want to see him fight.

The Max - Tony fight is the most fun fight i can imagine for him. A Conor fight could be hugely entertaining swell, can't even imagine how weird the banter could get between the two of them!
I'm kind of over the Khabib fight, tbh and don't think it's going to happen. Unless, Tony wants to fight for the belt i don't see why he'd want to hang around and wait for Khabib who is the most boring of his possible opponents.

The Khabib fight is the dream fight imo it needs to happen and I actually think Tony's odds are better in the Khabib fight over the Conor fight which I will get hated for but:
Tony gets hit and dropped a lot and has a walk forward zombie style and rarely goes for takedowns which I love but it just seems to fit Conor perfectly to have counters available all night and if he avoids any tricky guard play from Tony although I can see Tony walking through shots and just tiring Conor out and beating him down
Whereas in the Khabib fight he has tricky enough jiu jitsu and wrestling to keep the fight standing and/or setup attacks from the bottom. They should make Tony vs Khabib a 10 round fight let them out tough out cardio each other

Either one. Selfishly Khabib...two winning streaks like this not facing each other just seems wrong.

That said I think Tony beats Conor and would then fight Khabib.

So...either I guess.

Khabib is gone so Conor. The real question is Dustin or Conor and the answer is still Conor.

It's a 50/50 fight imo.

Conor smashes Dustin like last time. Large difference in boxing skill.

Tony and khabib have signed 4 times... Cursed. If Tony wants to wait 9 months to fight again that's his call. 1 fight with conor would be 1 really good payday. A win vs khabib would in the end make him more money overall in future fights.

Tony has a better shot at winning vs conor imo, but the likely hood of the ufc doing that fight is far less. Conor would probably take that fight knowing how many times Tony has been rocked etc. He would also expect a standup fight vs Tony which would favor him.

I would go for conor, and with a win still get khabib in the future. A loss to khabib next would all but take conor off the table. Go for red panty night, then khabib next imo. Better odds for him to get the security he wants that way.

Conor for sure. He will fuck conor up take some of his fame and his fans and still be able to fight khabib after. Any man on this planet should want to fight conor rather than facing khabib

Tony is the kind of man who does his shin-conditioning on a bee hive.

He deserves Khabib but I think a McGregor fight would be more entertaining. I haven't seen any real weaknesses in Khabib to see him losing to Ferguson. The UFC doesn't want McGregor losing to that many fighters so I don't see this fight happening but I would prefer it over Khabib. I think their styles clash well.

I genuinely wish him the best. Khabib will be a payday but Conor a much bigger payday. Therefore, I hope he fights Conor. Tony deserves the money.
About legacy. Tony has a legacy already and true fans know what he has done, which wont be forgotten. A win vs khabib would be huge but that fight is a risk, as Khabib is that good.
So I hope Tony vs Cobor

Back