Dodson Needs to Move Back Down

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He keeps getting creamed at Bantamweight, and he had much better opportunity for the championship at Flyweight.
Now that his arch-nemesis Mighty Mouse is gone, Dodson the Big Bodson has a chance to dethrone Cejudo witb bad intentions.

What do you think?
Will 2020 be the year Dodson becomes champ?

Last edited:
To be honest, I wouldn’t care if he never fought again lol. He’s been quite lackluster these past few years.

He hasin't been getting creamed at BW.
Been going to split decisions with the top 6, beating everyone up from there.

But yeah, flyweight probably fits his size more.

Last edited:
I hope he gets knocked the fuck out... he has became Jared Rosholt level of boring.
Someone kill this little dude.

He had one of the biggest weight-cuts in the company, I don't think that would be a good idea. He's also ruined as a fighter.

He keeps getting creamed at Bantamweight, and he had much better opportunity for the championship at Featherweight.
Now that his arch-nemesis Mighty Mouse is gone, Dodson the Big Bodson has a chance to dethrone Cejudo witb bad intentions.

What do you think?

Agreed. He went up specifically because he'd lost to MM and couldn't get a third shot. So he has no reason not too. He had a shot at the 135 belt if that decision with Lineker went the other way but oh well.

But no I don't think he does. Dude's awesome, he's in my sig, one of my fav fighters but I'd pick Joe B over him and I'd pick Cjuedo over him. Hard to picture now but MM looked like a weak champ in the beginning, and Dodson looked like he could beat MM but Joe B honestly seemed like a better fighter though I wanted Dodson to win. Dodson can get a title shot though with a win or two easy. Don't think he's beating Joe B or Cjuedo if he gets there. Dodson also used to be very agressive and at 125 that's effective cause people aren't used to one punch KO power and he hasn't shown that in a while. Even if he still has it, Joe B and Cjuedo prolly Horiguchi can probably weather that storm, thought MM would have the toughest time and I was very wrong about that.

MM v. Dodson 1 is the best FLW fight and one of the best title fights imo. If he can safely make the cut to FLW I think it'd be cool to see him back down there but it's been a few years and he's in his mid thirties now so the cut may be too draining at this point. Kind of crazy that we never got to see Dodson v. Benavidez yet.

He's like the smallest guy in that division, yet has never been dropped ever. One of the best chins in MMA.

I just find Dodson to be a boring fighter with a corny personality, not for me at all.

Talking about Dodson let's predict his next fight's outcome.
lOVAstP.jpg

He's cuts a looooot of weight to get to 125 and he's older now so it's probably harder. The Marlon decision could have gone to him too so it's not like he can't be competitive. Maybe a change in camp would do him well

He hasn't been the same after the surgeries..... If he can make the cut though, give it a try

He keeps getting creamed at Bantamweight, and he had much better opportunity for the championship at Flyweight.

What do you think?
by 2020, there won't be a Flyweight men's division anymore.

Fix weight cutting and their won't be a 125 division

Oh come on, not another John Dodson thread!

Back