News Cormier received $4m to save MSG card & (added) Lewis received $1m

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Meltzer:
It was well known that Daniel Cormier got a gigantic payday to fight hurt and save the 11/4 Madison Square Garden show in his title defense against Derrick Lewis.
The actual payday he got for the fight was $4 million, which tells you why he did it one week after telling people the earliest he could fight would be January

Added:

Last edited:
i wouldve done it with both broken arms, tied up for 1m

I hate the guy as a colour commentator but good on him for getting paid to fight.

Wow talk about an easy payday for DC. Good for him

giphy.gif

There's injured, then there's Injured, then well there's well that's 4 million I guess I'm not that injured injured

Meltzer:
It was well known that Daniel Cormier got a gigantic payday to fight hurt and save the 11/4 Madison Square Garden show in his title defense against Derrick Lewis.
The actual payday he got for the fight was $4 million, which tells you why he did it one week after telling people the earliest he could fight would be January

Good hope we see more fighters getting paid higher... Not just the select few... This is the hardest sport in the world and very dangerous these guys need better pay...

Also one of the reason I never competed when I was younger the money didn't add up to the stresses but now that I'm getting ready to try again.. This is promising news

Good for him, if anyone deserves a payday like that it's DC.

he must've felt on top of the world, incredible pay day for so little effort

With how little the buys wound up & how expensive MSG is to run (plus NYC being expensive)
I wonder how much they wound up with by adding him?

Last edited:
Curious to know how much Derrick Lewis got

Lewis was hot, balls hot

so it made sense to have that fight

With how little the buys wound up & how expensive MSG is to run (plus NYC being expensive)
I wonder how much they wound up actually making by adding him?

If it was 250k PPV buys and PPVs are $60 or $70 depending on SD or HD that's 15-17.5m gross so assuming they keep half of it 7.5m- 8.75m.

They reported a $2.8 mill gate so that's $10.3 - $11.5. Even with DC getting $4m tfighter pay isn't half.
And you need to add in international tv + advertising etc......

But even then, if they'd paid someone else $500k and 'saved' $3.5m that's about what they make from 100-120k PPV buys (assuming they keep half of the gross).

Back