Mir vs Dos Santos should have been stopped after round 1 ?

Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
UFC 146 , Mir vs Dos Santos , MGM Grand Garden Arena Las Vegas .

Mir was already hurt at the end of round 1 .

During the rest period after round 1 when they asked Mir does he know where he is , he said he was at Mandalay Bay .

In the round 2 he was KOd.

ufc_146_mixed_martial_arts_221755411.jpg

Yeah but we got to see jds knock mir the fuck out shortly after, which is always fun to see.

Is there any rule that he actually needs to know which arena he's fighting in? They probably figured that it was close enough and that he knew he was in the middle of a fight. Some of the details get fuzzy when you get slapped around like that. Imagine Maynard rocking Edgar multiple times like he did and then the fight gets stopped just because Edgar fucks up the name of the venue. It's a ridiculous standard.

You could be winning a fight, exchange some blows, and forget the name of the venue. Seems pretty easy to do.

These judgement calls are tough sometimes.

I agree with Hank getting the stoppage.

But I believed Carwin was going to end Lesnar’s life and the fight should have been stopped in the first.

What do I know? Judgement decisions by refs in real time are hard. But as they are literally a few feet away. They can see the rolling of the eyes and other signs just because of their immediate proximity to the fight.

TV brings us closer to the fight than it would be to have a fight in a 20,000 seat arena but not use big sceen monitors in the building.

But he’s right there and I have to trust that the ref knows when to stop a fight while he’s supposed to always be keeping an eye to fighter safety.

The refs see it all. From a much better point of view than my couch.

sucks we didnt get jds vs reem. what a fight we missed out on

But he made that beautiful 3 pointer in round 2 to win the game.

ufc_146_mixed_martial_arts_221755411.jpg

There is 1 minute rest between the rounds. Usually trained fighters recover in matter of couple of seconds, less than a minute anyhow. Since Mir survived round 1, he was ok. It was up to Mir, or his team to quit, not to ref. In round 1 he received punches over his hands, no direct punches, so Herb Dean did ok too.

Mir managed nicely to get hold of single leg at beginning of round 1, but didn't complete takedown. That was Mir's big chance before Dos Santos got into the groove. Mir didn't have a single takedown attempt for the rest of the fight.

No? It gave us one of the best hammer fists ever.
tumblr_m4ol22LyJf1r81fefo1_400.gif

He gave them the correct date and wasnt slurring his speech. He was fine.

I think he meant prime JDS (before the two Cain beatings) vs. Ubereem. It was scheduled but cancelled due to Overeem's failed drug test. JDS was definitely not the same fighter by the time he fought Overeem a few years later.

Back