155 pound champ BJ vs champ Khabib

Druken_Vovchanchyn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
who wins this fight? Im talking about "motivated penn" that went on a tare at LW

vs

Khabib from 2018.

I hate these types of match ups normally but i literally cant make my mind up on this one. BJ had god more TDD and boxing and grappling. Khabib is...well..khabib..If i HAD to pick i would take BJ by UD Sub.

what do you guys think?

Penn by dirty boxing, impenetrable TDD and winning by slapping on a RNC.

.....but back in the real world Khabib by utter domination.

Prime Penn with that crazy TDD and sick jab? I have no idea, BJ has taken on big grapplers like GSP and Hughes so I like to think the pressure Khabib would bring to the cage wouldn’t be anything new but damn that would be a good fight.

Khabib pressures BJ until he gasses and proceeds to maul him brutally

who wins this fight? Im talking about "motivated penn" that went on a tare at LW

vs

Khabib from 2018.

I hate these types of match ups normally but i literally cant make my mind up on this one. BJ had god more TDD and boxing and grappling. Khabib is...well..khabib..If i HAD to pick i would take BJ by UD Sub.

what do you guys think?

Size difference would be a bitch here. Khabib is a weight cutter from another era. He might be bigger than GSP.
Plus, against Khabib just TDD is not enough, he's unorthodox enough.

Khabib UD

Only way Penn could win is if Khabib decided to keep it standing like Sherk did. I think Khabib is smarter than that and would eventually tire Penn out and get a decision win.

We've never seen BJ fight a guy with Khabib's grappling pressure, and no fear of his BJJ. Also, Khabib would be one of the biggest LWs he's ever faced, and very capable on the feet to be competitive there as well.

Khabib 7/10x IMO.

Khabib is next level wrasslin and top control... respect the hell out of the Hilo Kid...but dont see it no matter the version of BJ that shows up. Did have some nasty hands thou back in the day, then again that was back in the day against inferior opponents

can Khabib jump OUT of a swimming pool?

Stylistically its an interesting competitive fight. Bj was at his best at 155 and his striking could give khabib trouble and was very difficult to take down. On the ground though,i have khabib being superior.

"Prime Penn's great run at LW" consisted of him beating Pulver, Sherk, Florian, Diego and Stevenson.......

The BJ that fought Sherk, Joe Daddy, K-Flo and Sanchez would give Khabib a hell of a fight.

Still expect BJ to fade later in the fight and lose a Close decision.

48-47 49-46 48-47

something like that.

"Prime Penn's great run at LW" consisted of him beating Pulver, Sherk, Florian, Diego and Stevenson.......

I'd have hit like if you weren't a Manchester United supporter. BJ Penn's wins are meh and his losses are many.

It wasnt just who. It was how. Also This is a guy who moved up beat hughes and nearly beat gsp.

MMA has evolved since BJ became the LW GOAT. Khabib would destroy any version of BJ with ground and pound.

Sherk got 4 L in 40 fight.

Vs, GSP, Hughes, Penn & Edgar.
No fckng shame there.

Young Pulver was amazing
K-Flo had 3 titles shot in his career.
Prime Sanchez was a crazy mofo.

The BJ that fought Sherk, Joe Daddy, K-Flo and Sanchez would give Khabib a hell of a fight.

Still expect BJ to fade later in the fight and lose a Close decision.

48-47 49-46 48-47

something like that.
Fading wasnt really an issue at 155 for him.

Penn by dirty boxing, impenetrable TDD and winning by slapping on a RNC.

THIS

Khabib pressures BJ until he gasses and proceeds to maul him brutally
Or this

Prime BJ might be the most overrated fighter in MMA history

I dont know man. He fucked GSP up pretty bad and beat the shit out of prime Hughes a few times. Even the fight he lost his grappling looked very slick. Sherk was very good and BJ dominated him. I wouldn't say prime BJ is over rated. Id say his memory is hard to find because he has put up some many shit fights in recent years.

we are talking about a guy that for most of his career gave the best WW's in the world some trouble. He had fitch in a world of trouble. GSP, finshed hughes a few times. Was putting on a good showing vs diaz (as old man penn IMO) before diaz used his hard work to out pace him. Fought machida at HW, ran through his entire weight class. Dont sleep on BJ

plus he was a warrior lol. How many guys right now will meet ANYONE in the middle and bang? or lick their blood off his gloves. BJ is a legend lol

Back