Don't be surprised if IZZY vs ANDERSON is a SNOOZEFEST

usernamee

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
For at least the 2 first rounds, heck maybe even more than so.

We know Anderson isn't going to take any wild risks, especially early in the fight - especially being freaking 43 years old!

Izzy is much of the same, he doesn't just run in, he is very calculated.

This may turn into a staring contest for a good 10 minutes.

I'm saying it now, don't give Anderson shit when it happens. It's on the young gun to bring the fire I say. Not the 43 year old legend who is fighting on Izzys home soil.

It's gonna be a goddamn slobber knocker

you'd think an Anderson fight couldnt be a snooze fest, but we have learned that it is possible

just have to wait and see

Anderson is used to snoozefest...

Vs Maia, Leites, DC, Nick Diaz....
(how can you have a boring fight Vs a Diaz's ffs...)

I can see this happening for sure. Not for entire fight though.

Expecting a snooze fest for the first 3-4 minutes of the first round. Anderson putting his hands down, trying to bait Izzy and challenging him to attack.
Think Izzy will counter Silva's counter and floor him.

How can you have a boring fight vs Nick Diaz? Anderson took the blueprint from Georgeszzz
FFBE733A-138C-4236-9D88-E42F4F82C812.jpeg

I agree this is the most likely outcome, at least for the first round or two. It's really up to Adesanya to take some risks and bring the fight to Silva. If he sits back and wins a boring decision, it's going to hurt his stock.

Could be if Ade shows too much respect, but he's not friendly in the cage, like Pat Barry. Anderson's too old for him to be the aggressor. Lost too much speed, has to use tactics to slow the pace down. I think it'll start slowly, but when Israel gets Anderson's tempo down and realizes "this slow feinting stuff is all he's got", he'll turn it up.

Lol I could definitely see it. Could honestly see Israel staying at safe distance behind his jab and front kick and just poking him to a boring decision.

I've been a silva fan forever but he's in it for the money now. It's obvious over his last few fights.

You blame him for the DC fight being boring? Also Nick was afraid to engage, Silva is a counter striker.

Last time Anderson did something spectacular he was sucker-kneeing Bisping like 3 years ago

Dude was the Matrix, but "was" it's the key word here

I'm thinking Silva will come out and have no respect for Israel thinking he's got too teach him something and he's the legend he will win against the young one but Israel is the wrong one too do that against. None us know for sure we will have too see but if Israel is the underdog I'm gonna bet on him for sure.

For at least the 2 first rounds, heck maybe even more than so.

We know Anderson isn't going to take any wild risks, especially early in the fight - especially being freaking 43 years old!

Izzy is much of the same, he doesn't just run in, he is very calculated.

This may turn into a staring contest for a good 10 minutes.

I'm saying it now, don't give Anderson shit when it happens. It's on the young gun to bring the fire I say. Not the 43 year old legend who is fighting on Izzys home soil.

I wouldn't be surprised if anderson wins...

Back