UFC should book Gregor Gillespie vs Islam Makhachev

NoBiasJustMMA

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Both of these guys need a step up in competition and seem to be around the top 15-20 area and could get a top 10 opponent after this fight provided they win it.

What do you guys think about this match up? It seems like it would be pretty competitive to me and would be great for a fight night main event or co-main.

This is actually a good fight, just not for the casuals. It may either turn out to be a high-level wrestling match or a stand-up display where neither of the fighters want to risk taking each other down.

I would place it as a co-main event on a fight night or even the third fight depending on how stacked the card is (a stacked fight night imo is like the upcoming UFC Fortaleza or the Cejudo vs Dillashaw which happened last weekend).

Sounds good.

Book it for the April/Saint Petersburg event!

Could be interesting!

Found this the other day, always like watching fun wrestling exchanges like this.

Timestamped the tie snap

Both of these guys need a step up in competition and seem to be around the top 15-20 area and could get a top 10 opponent after this fight provided they win it.

What do you guys think about this match up? It seems like it would be pretty competitive to me and would be great for a fight night main event or co-main.
The only bad thing about this fight would be the fact that one of them would have to lose.

The only bad thing about this fight would be the fact that one of them would have to lose.

True, but they are both young and haven't had injury issues or years of wear and tear, the loser would rebound IMO.

True, but they are both young and haven't had injury issues or years of wear and tear, the loser would rebound IMO.
Most likely, but I like both of them, since they're both great grapplers, and would rather see both of them break into the top 10 before they fight each other.

Man, with his ground skills...Gregor looks absolutely unstoppable right now. Really looking forward to catching more of his fights.

Most likely, but I like both of them, since they're both great grapplers, and would rather see both of them break into the top 10 before they fight each other.

There's like 30 great fighters at lw. Someone has to lose every fight.

Not yet, let them both get some wins against ranked lightweights, and if they both do have them fight when it actually has serious implications on the title picture.
Would love to see the fight in a selfish, impatient kinda way but I'm never a fan of killing contenders.

Like the fight but in terms of matchmaking, it’s not the best idea. You have two rising contenders, silly to kill one off right now.

The people have spoken. Plus if gregor will win against khabibs boy then it kickstarts interest in that fight.

Back