39 Years Ago Today.....

I was watching.

11. Pretty much the same. Dad was a Duran fan.

A good day for your old man.

I was 5 years old and didn’t have a clue about who these gentlemen were.

Keep ´em coming, guys. I don’t feel young all that often in here but I do in this thread.

Keep ´em coming, guys. I don’t feel young all that often in here but I do in this thread.

Hah! How do you say toddler in French?

Hah! How do you say toddler in French?

See, no single word is commonly used to say so. « Garçonnet » means little boy, but it’s what your Gramma could have said. « Petit garçon » gives the right idea.

A next day replay of Hagler-Hearns is what got me into boxing. I had heard about Hagler-Duran, and found out about Leonard later.

Off topic, my granddad turned 85 today.

On topic, SRL didn't just get "drawn into a slugfest" so much as Duran was so effective as an infighter. He didn't just apply pressure, his footwork and ring generalship were top notch and Leonard got bested as a result.

See, no single word is commonly used to say so. « Garçonnet » means little boy, but it’s what your Gramma could have said. « Petit garçon » gives the right idea.

A next day replay of Hagler-Hearns is what got me into boxing. I had heard about Hagler-Duran, and found out about Leonard later.
Your English is legitimately impressive. As a native English speaker, I know you're French from talking to you but would never know by anything you've said in English. You read like you could be from Murrica or England, etc. As someone whose always wanted to speak two languages, it is really cool how good you are at this speaking English shit.

Anyway, love this fight, wouldn't be born for another decade but still one for the ages.

@Mr.Maelstrom happy bday to your Gramps!

3 years old, and dont remember it in the slightest, although i have watched it back(when i was older of course), and thought it was a very very close fight, although i seem to be in the minority on that one

i think i leaned towards Leonard at the time....

3 years old, and dont remember it in the slightest, although i have watched it back(when i was older of course), and thought it was a very very close fight, although i seem to be in the minority on that one

i think i leaned towards Leonard at the time....
same, I also think it was way closer than most seem to think. Idk, I've watched it a few times, thought it could've gone either way, tbh. So many close rds.

their deltoids are amazingly sculpted. I can only imagine how succulent their toes look. I can only imagine how soft SRL's afro was, I want to sniff his hair product.

their deltoids are amazingly sculpted. I can only imagine how succulent their toes look. I can only imagine how soft SRL's afro was, I want to sniff his hair product.
@senri needs to see this. Not only the ripe, delicious flesh, but also the pairing of said flesh w/ Ray's one of a kind pliable and rich caressable follicles. He must've been using soul glow, imo.

This thread has me ready to see it again. Not so much @cottagecheesefan's contribution, but maybe a little.
I'm going to re-watch this fight when I get an hour this weekend.

I think I always thought SRL won when I was younger, but I was grossly biased. I've watched it a few times since then, but never really scored, just enjoyed the action. I may see what I come up with now that I'm older if I try to watch objectively. I like Duran, too. How could you not?

On the night of the first Leonard-Duran fight, I was just into my teens & my mom & dad took me to see the closed circuit telecast at Buffalo's old Memorial Auditorium downtown. It was my first experience with leaving the house & buying a ticket to watch a fight card.
Speaking of the Leonard-Duran fight card in Montreal, without using Google or boxrec can anyone tell me what tragic bout occurred on the undercard?

On the night of the first Leonard-Duran fight, I was just into my teens & my mom & dad took me to see the closed circuit telecast at Buffalo's old Memorial Auditorium downtown. It was my first experience with leaving the house & buying a ticket to watch a fight card.
Speaking of the Leonard-Duran fight card in Montreal, without using Google or boxrec can anyone tell me what tragic bout occurred on the undercard?
You're the Forrest Gump of boxing my man, you were present for all these epic bouts and fighters the way Forrest was present for Watergate.
I think that's really cool

Cleveland Denny. Old guy for the win!

can I look it up in 4 kings? That ref was a disgrace to boxing, he killed that poor guy more than the actual fighter did, imo.

Back