Kelvin Gastelum predicts 1st round KO over Robert Whittaker: ‘I’m expecting it not to even be close

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
I’m predicting a first-round knockout,” I’ve put in so much work and I feel so confident in my abilities and confident in what I’ve done in the sport that I’m predicting a first-round knockout. I know that if I clip them, anybody, I mean anybody in the world, not just Rob, anybody, when I cut my left hand in, he’s going down. But yeah, Rob has a lot of heart. I’m expecting a hard-fought fight, but at the same time, I’m so prepared for this opportunity that I’m expecting it not to even be close.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/1/23/...robert-whittaker-im-expecting-it-not-be-close

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/...timacy-to-185-predicts-ko-of-robert-whittaker

i'm cheering for kelvin. hope he's right.

Bold prediction. I wouldn’t mind if he was right.

"I’m expecting a hard-fought fight, but at the same time, I’m so prepared for this opportunity that I’m expecting it not to even be close.”

{<huh}

After those two wars with Yoel, I'm curious to see how Whitaker's chin holds up if Gastelum can tag him.

I have a strange feelin Gas takes it but that could just be me underestimating Taker as usual

His style compliments such prediction. Whittaker might as well close the distance like he usually does and Gas times his powerful straight punch and finishes him on the ground. We are not sure if Whittaker after that war against Yoel won't comeback as Bob Stankyleg.

"I’m expecting a hard-fought fight, but at the same time, I’m so prepared for this opportunity that I’m expecting it not to even be close.”

{<huh}
Sounds like he’s hoping for the best but planning for the worst in terms of victory

Bobby Knuckles will send Kelvin back to WW

Whittaker declined to fight Gastelum several times before this and his management was even open as to why.

They said Kelvins wrestling, speed, and boxing offered more problems and a more difficult fight than Luke who he was scheduled to fight at one point.

{<huh}

Clearly not skipping his hard sparring.

I have a strange feelin Gas takes it but that could just be me underestimating Taker as usual

Don’t underestimate taker he has a lot of wrestlemania wins. He does well on the bright stage. Also, if you’re having gas issues try to just eat a cleaner diet.

Sounds like he’s hoping for the best but planning for the worst in terms of victory

Yeah it was likely meant to be something along those lines. Just found it a bit humorous the way he said it.

Whittaker declined to fight Gastelum several times before this and his management was even open as to why.

They said Kelvins wrestling, speed, and boxing offered more problems and a more difficult fight than Luke who he was scheduled to fight at one point.

Ima call bullshit on this unless i see a source

And no bjpenn.com is not a source

Kelvin could take this. I perpetually underestimate Bobby Knuckles though, like many. Just watched BK/Yoel II. The guy has skills with no quit in him.

I like kelvin but hes dreaming. Bob went 10 rounds with yoel ffs. He aint getting him outta there like that imo.
Kelvin is a much better boxer than romero though ill give him that much

Kelvin will realize early that the fights going to a decision. He'll adjust and squeak out a split.

Well, if he doesn't KO him in the first,his chances of winning go down significantly.

I hope youre right kelvin. I have little doubt that he'd win a decision.

Back