Remember grounded knee strikes in pride? They occured often with fighters continuing but in ufc

filthynumber1

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Even if you get brushed with one you give and academy award winning acting performance and you get your win bonus.
Kinda funny because knees in pride were legal and fighters got clipped with them.all the time and were able to continue.
But in ufc...not so much

This is a Low key missing pride days rant from a vet :)

Last edited:
Weird, when I first opened the thread it had a gif of Hunto getting kicked in the nuts by Gonzaga. Now, it's Koscheck being a bitch. What a curly haired muppet.

a lot of them (crowder) seem to be acting

but strikes you don't see coming have much more of a concussive impact (you hear fighters say this all the time) - i imagine that in pride where you know knees are legal, the grounded opponent would expect the knee, could brace for it, etc. in ufc where knees are illegal, it must be more of a shock.
idk all strikes should be legal but just a theory

also most pride fighters on steroids which give you unbreakable chin vs all ufc fighters USADA natty so they're much more frail

like in football (soccer)
I don't like it either way but from their point of view in case of the fighters it's like a gift, you can get a win and money for faking it

Maybe Hardy should go fight in Pride then..... of hang on he can't as it doesn't exist.
I doubt anyone would be saying the same thing if a boxer was kicked in the head in a boxing match...... but it happens in kick boxing and they carry on.

If you don't want to be DQ'd then don't trow strikes that will DQ you.

Rules are rules. If the fighters agree to Pride rules they know knees are allowed on the ground and so they train to defend them. In the UFC it's not allowed so UFC fighters do not train to defend shots that aren't legal.

Weird, when I first opened the thread it had a gif of Hunto getting kicked in the nuts by Gonzaga. Now, it's Koscheck being a bitch. What a curly haired muppet.
Posted wrong gif :(
My bad

Last edited:
If you don't want to be DQ'd then don't trow strikes that will DQ you.
That is true. It's just the effect on fighters in ufc seems to have amplified by a damage factor of 10 compared to pride knees. Not sure why

That is true. It's just the effect on fighters in ufc seems to have amplified by a damage factor of 10 compared to pride knees. Not sure why

Because they don't train to defend them, fighters say all the time that the shots you don't see coming do more damage. Hell Barboza got dropped with a jab because his eyes were closed. UFC fighters don't see knees on the ground coming because they aren't supposed to because it's illegal.

I'm all for making knees, kicks and stomps on the ground legal but it's no surpise why getting hit with an illegal shot does more damage, those shots generally aren't seen before they land and they aren't defended.

Because they don't train to defend them, fighters say all the time that the shots you don't see coming do more damage. Hell Barboza got dropped with a jab because his eyes were closed. UFC fighters don't see knees on the ground coming because they aren't supposed to because it's illegal.

I'm all for making knees, kicks and stomps on the ground legal but it's no surpise why getting hit with an illegal shot does more damage, those shots generally aren't seen before they land and they aren't defended.
That's actually a good point but i still think fighters will embellish it whenever the opportunity presents itself

tenor.gif

That's actually a good point but i still think fighters will embellish it whenever the opportunity presents itself

Some of them sure, I don't think Crowder is one of them. He said that he got dazed by the knee but could continue, he was probably too honest with the doctor and said as much and that's why the fight got stopped. If you get hit with an illegal shot that stuns you, you pretty much have to lie to the doctor or they will stop the fight.

Some of them sure, I don't think Crowder is one of them. He said that he got dazed by the knee but could continue, he was probably too honest with the doctor and said as much and that's why the fight got stopped. If you get hit with an illegal shot that stuns you, you pretty much have to lie to the doctor or they will stop the fight.

The ref said immediately after it happened if he cant continue he will DQ Hardy.

Easy decision if you want an easy win.

When weidmen was fighting Moose after he was kneed they asked him what day it was and where he was and he gave some bogus info. Then they said they're stopping the fight and awarding moose the win. Then....All of a sudden out of nowhere his memory got better that very instant. Weird

The ref said immediately after it happened if he cant continue he will DQ Hardy.

Easy decision if you want an easy win.

He said he could continue though, he also said he was stunned by the knee. Seems like the fight got stopped because Crowder was too honest with the doctor and told him that he got stunned by the knee but could continue.

When weidmen was fighting Moose after he was kneed they asked him what day it was and where he was and he gave some bogus info. Then they said they're stopping the fight and awarding moose the win. Then....All of a sudden out of nowhere his memory got better that very instant. Weird

That is one case where the fighter was definitly acting, I do not get the impression that Crowder was acting. He got hit with a hard illegal knee said it stunned him but he could continue. All we know other than that is the doctor stopped the fight.

Take dozens of shots and call the ref an assole for stopping the fight. Take one illegal shot and you're so badly hurt that the fight has to be stopped immediately.

Back