The idiotic UFC matchmakers strike again with Romero/Costa.

VenomCarnage

R.I.P. FRANKIENYC
@Brown
Reaction score
Will it be a great fight? Perhaps.

That said, why the hell would you put one of your most exciting fighters, one of your best fighters, up against a guy like Paulo Costa who is just starting out?

You really trying to bury some great talent here? You want a young Paulo to walk through Romero and ruin his career? The dude is in his 40's, he should only be fighting elite, certified top 5 talent and if he fights anyone below that he should be given fights where he is going to blast through them without ending their hype.

If Romero wins, people will say "duhhh, they rushed Paulo blah blah blah".

If Costa wins, his stock goes up pretty steeply but you bury one of your best fighters.

Are they really giving up on Romero, who arguably is the best in the division!?

BS.

At least some ex-NFL woman beater vs a can isn't the last event's co-main... wait.

Romero isn't getting any younger and he has two losses to the champion. I know some will want to debate that but the fact remains he isn't champion.

Because the UFC wants neither as champion and pinning the two against each other eliminates one

Romero isn't getting any younger and he has two losses to the champion. I know some will want to debate that but the fact remains he isn't champion.
Isn't the champion, but what does that really matter?

We all know he's better than Robert.

<3>

"My beloved Romero has a chance to get knocked the fuck out"

Bueeeeeeee

Will it be a great fight? Perhaps.

That said, why the hell would you put one of your most exciting fighters, one of your best fighters, up against a guy like Paulo Costa who is just starting out?

You really trying to bury some great talent here? You want a young Paulo to walk through Romero and ruin his career? The dude is in his 40's, he should only be fighting elite, certified top 5 talent and if he fights anyone below that he should be given fights where he is going to blast through them without ending their hype.

If Romero wins, people will say "duhhh, they rushed Paulo blah blah blah".

If Costa wins, his stock goes up pretty steeply but you bury one of your best fighters.

BS.
I actually think this is a fantastic job by the match makers. what a good fucking fight. I agree though that whoever was suppose to nix this idea for all the reasons you said, and didn't, is not very good at his job.

Well as he failed to beat Whittaker twice that argument is settled and it's not like Romero is getting any younger.

The UFC do this all the time though, look at Stephen Thompson.

If that fight was 50 minutes long, two fights back to back. Who's the better fighter?
IF. Oh if, if, if lol. If that fight was 50 minutes long Bobby Knuckles would have gotten the finish.

This will be a solid fight between two guys who want to bang. Match-ups shouldn't be based on whose stock will go up or go down etc. Let them deliver violence, everything else will work itself out.

Well as he failed to beat Whittaker twice that argument is settled and it's not like Romero is getting any younger.

The UFC do this all the time though, look at Stephen Thompson.
Who's better Matt Hughes or Dennis Hallman?

Same as Anderson vs Adesnaya, Vokanovski vs Mendes. They like to have similar fighters fighting each other for some bizarre reason

If that were the case he'd be the champion and not 0-2 against him lol.

Well to be fair as Yoel missed weight for the 2nd fight even if it was 1-1 he wouldn't be the champion either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back