GSP at 155 loses to Khabib just like TJ lost to Cejudo

tonyDaTiger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There's a reason all champ champs have gone UP in weight, not down, George included.

GSP drained at 155 having fought once in 4 years gets beat easily by Khabib.

Edit: just like Nunes would lose if she drained herself to 125 and fought Valentina to try to become Triple champ.

Maybe. Maybe not. George walks around at 183 now, which is less than Khabib, he could probably make 155 relatively safely. That being said I'd prefer they'd meet at 165, that would be optimal.

Who gives a shit about GSP. He doesn't even fight anymore.

Maybe. Maybe not. George walks around at 183 now, which is less than Khabib, he could probably make 155 relatively safely. That being said I'd prefer they'd meet at 165, that would be optimal.
I agree 165 would be optimal. 155 and 170 will sway in either George or Khabibs favor. 165 is a good place to meet.

The only reason this discussion is even happening is because GSP has had one fight in past 6 years. If GSP had never retired I think he would have lost at least 2 or 3 times over that time Woodley, Thompson, Usman or possibly someone else. GSP was already on downside of his prime when he had the miracle decision vs Hendricks. Don't see a rusty, post prime GSP having a chance vs Khabib.

No
Gsp is actually smaller than Khabib so I don’t thrink would affect himsd much
Then again not everyone can cut the same amount of weight
TJ didn’t lose because the weight cut
He lost because he was slower then Cejudo and got caught
Let’s not act like TJ has a granite chin

There's a reason all champ champs have gone UP in weight, not down, George included.

Edit: just like Nunes would lose if she drained herself to 125 and fought Valentina to try to become Triple champ.
Nah, even if Khabib wins, and I'm a big Khabib fan, in no way it would be an easy win. George's chin might suffer from the cut, but his TDD and wrestling skills in general would still be there. GSP would make Khabib work fork for that takedown as hard as Tibau did.

Georges walks at 183 while being lean, Khabib walks at 185 while being fat. There's a difference. Georges can't cut the fat as "easily" as Khabib can.

We don’t know that at all.

Wait...

giphy.gif

Just got back. You are wrong.

Gsp is actually smaller than Khabib
Lol no he isn't. He's half an inch taller with a 6 inch reach advantage over Khabib. His frame is definitely not smaller than Khabib's. Pretty evenly sized I'd say.

TJ didn’t lose because the weight cut
Perhaps, but the weight cut definitely had a large role in it imo.

GSP would make Khabib work fork for that takedown as hard as Tibau did.
Tibau has a higher TDD% than GSP and when he was fighting Khabib he was almost certainly on roids.
cc8f1-15378218709891-500.jpg

Just look at how bigger Tibau is compared to Khabib here. GSP will definitely not be that much bigger at 155 than Khabib now.

GSP is a fucking legend but he is 37 and simply not in his prime anymore. His last fight with Bisping leads me to believe he has also become more sluggish and slow.
I'm not saying that GSP won't be a tough fight, it will, but I honestly think when Khabib fought Tibau he was fighting the strongest (in terms of just pure strength) man he's ever faced and will face (because of USADA lol) unless he moves up to WW.

All in all, I still think a fight against GSP at 155 would be a tougher fight than Ferguson.

Khabib is not in fight shape at 183LB though. GSP IS in fight shape at 183LB

The only reason this discussion is even happening is because GSP has had one fight in past 6 years. If GSP had never retired I think he would have lost at least 2 or 3 times over that time Woodley, Thompson, Usman or possibly someone else. GSP was already on downside of his prime when he had the miracle decision vs Hendricks. Don't see a rusty, post prime GSP having a chance vs Khabib.

Usman?

<{cruzshake}>

Age, surgery, and a massive weight cut on top against a dominant wrestler?

Not even GSP can beat all that.

GSP would get dealt with at 155 by Khabib, it wouldn't even look close.

Georges walks at 183 while being lean, Khabib walks at 185 while being fat. There's a difference. Georges can't cut the fat as "easily" as Khabib can.

Khabib walks around at 200 fat and healthy. Source is his father.

GSP would never ruin his legacy doing that

also, GSP is absolutely done since JH retired him

would only come back for very winnable money fights

IQ plays its role here

Khabib walks around at 200 fat and healthy. Source is his father.
Link me to that source. As far as I know, the latest statement on Khabib's walk at weight was made by Khabib himself where he said that he walks at the same weight as GSP, which is around 185:

...except Khabib's bodyfat percentage is nowhere near as low as George's, which means he can lose weight and get in shape to 155 much "easier".

Don't think it is unreasonable to say GSP should have to fight at least one top 4 Lightweight contender before he's allowed to fight Khabib. ATM if he fights Khabib and gets destroyed TJ-Cejudo style it proves absolutely nothing, cause we have no idea what GSP is like at Lightweight. Did we know how good TJ is like in Flyweight, and how big of an achievement it was for Cejudo to beat him?

Back