Media The Thrill and the Agony clip shows that TJ was still very conscious and aware

Ragnus

K-1 Heavyweight Champion
@Green
Reaction score
I'm not saying this is a bad stoppage because it isn't but it wasn't a good stoppage either, when you take into consideration all the factors like the fact it's TJ and a super-fight it should have gone a bit longer and this new clip and audio sort of shows that TJ was still very conscious and aware.

From obscenely smug to extremely sad in 30 seconds.

<{Heymansnicker}>

Never gets old.

It is what it is... thinking the dream of being champ-champ flashed before his eyes and brought him back to reality...

Yeah, that was after the fight. He should be conscious considering the ref saved him.

It is what it is... thinking the dream of being champ-champ flashed before his eyes and brought him back to reality...
the guy was definitely wobbly during the tko but the fact the guy could gather his equilibrium together in mere seconds is probably evidence it was a little early

the guy was definitely wobbly during the tko but the fact the guy could gather his equilibrium together in mere seconds is probably evidence it was a little early

He only had those mere seconds to gather his equilibrium because the ref saved him.

Called this fight a stepping stone. Was thinking about 145. Direct quotes from Helwani’s interview.

Early or not he got himself taken into deep water by a fighter he underestimated and overlooked. That’s his fault for eating kicks and headshots. That all happened. He’s blaming the ref for the loss not the 20 unanswered strikes he absorbed. But he beats Henry 99/100 times. Asshole.

Called this fight a stepping stone. Was thinking about 145. Direct quotes from Helwani’s interview.

Early or not he got himself taken into deep water by a fighter he underestimated and overlooked. That’s his fault for eating kicks and headshots. That all happened. He’s blaming the ref for the loss not the 20 unanswered strikes he absorbed. But he beats Henry 99/100 times. Asshole.

“Deep water” doesn’t mean what you seem to think it means.

Deep water, in the context of prize fighting, refers to taking your opponent into the later rounds and drowning them with superior cardio and output.

TJ was still very conscious and aware ..... after the ref pulled off the guy who was ping ponging his head left and right.
giphy.gif

I still don't understand this FW talk. Legitimately, some of the most delusional shit from a UFC fighter that I've ever heard.

Half the FW top 10 is filled with natural LWs who are killers. Aldo used to be one of the bigger guys in that division. Now, he's barely average.

Even if TJ is fast enough to outland Holloway, does anybody think that he has the slightest chance of hurting him?

“Deep water” doesn’t mean what you seem to think it means.

Deep water, in the context of prize fighting, refers to taking your opponent into the later rounds and drowning them with superior cardio and output.
Ok that’s fine. But it can mean smashing the fuck out of someone in 32 seconds also. That’s deep water and I’m drowning your ass right now type of stuff.

Mate wtf u talking about. Should it get to the point where he's asleep or doesn't know where he is ?

Not a fan of TJ as a person but this was clearly an early stoppage.

He only had those mere seconds to gather his equilibrium because the ref saved him.
Loss of equilibrium isn't enough to top a fight or else Condit beat GSP. The stoppage was early but it didn't matter dude was getting ragdolled, and he still wants to fight again at 125 <{MindBrown}>

He was getting his head smashed around, conscious or not. This will never get old.

1. "I'm not saying it was a bad stoppage, but here's why I think it's a bad stoppage." C'mon TS, you're better than that.

2. Being "conscious and aware" has never been the standard for a stoppage. It's about intelligently defending yourself. TJ got face-planted, ate a huge right hand when he tried to get up, immediately got dropped again with a 4-punch combination, and ate like 12 unanswered punches. The referee's job is to protect the fighters, and TJ clearly needed to be protected at that point.

3. The referee shouldn't allow more punishment simply because "it's TJ and a super fight." That's ridiculous.

I was rooting for TJ, but the stoppage was fine. He's a fantastic fighter, but he clearly doesn't deal well with a fighter who's faster than him.

Back