I still want to see Pettis vs Aldo

West Linn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pettis is moving up to 170, but I remember when he was slated to fight Aldo at 145. Granted, Pettis looked terrible at 145 against Holloway, but with Aldo talking about moving up to 155, the opportunity for this fight to happen is available again.

After the Thomspon fight, regardless of the outcome, this is a fight I would still like to see. Stylistically its always been very intriguing with them being the cream of the crop when it comes to striking. I can't see anything but an all out war happening if these two ever clash. Anybody else want to see this fight still?

Fuck yeah. With Aldo threatening retirement yet again they should just meet up at 170 and bleed it out.

You can thank uncle Dana and his hypocritical bullshit belt rules. Now, it's never gonna happen.

It’d still be a fight that’d be fireworks. I’d take Pettis cuz I’m biased but could see Aldo taking it. I really hope Showtime can take out Wonderboy but that’s quite the test.

You can thank uncle Dana and his hypocritical bullshit belt rules. Now, it's never gonna happen.

It would've been better when they were both champs but the fight was scheduled at one point and then Pettis pulled out to fight Benson for the LW belt after Grant pulled out the fight.

Aldo would've been the first UFC champ champ
His legacy could have been bigger

Nah pettis is not cool no more.

Aldo vs Zabit.
Why it makes no sense, Aldo is retiring the next 3 fights according to him. I rather watch him fight guys of his generation or big fights before he leaves the sport. Pettis, Conor, Gaethje etc.

Just want to see Aldo finish off his career at 155 vs Gaethje…

Funny how that fight would actually be perfect for Aldo's debut at 155 in 2019.

MMA is a trippy sport.

Back