Most under rated skills in MMA

Druken_Vovchanchyn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
What are some of the most under rated skills in MMA? Maybe they are unexpected and just okay or under rated and world class.

I will start

Khabib's guard/bottom game.
I have seen a few people suggest taking him down is the path to victory. However if you notice every time hes been taken down, he has threatened with a submission almost immediately and has gotten a few really nice finishes off of his back

Travis Browne’s listening skills

the man is a fantastic listener

K7mv.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26351-1375728549-22.gif

4a5f50cf55d5d7a716725a4b0662b41e.gif

kirk-fight-3.gif

MVP's speed.

Embellishment. Faking an eye poke/groin shot to take time to recover.

Last edited:
Woodleys timing
Baraos tdd
Jeremy Stephens timing
MM submission defence

The acting on knee shots to the head.

These guys take head shot after head shot, with punches, knees, elbows, kicks standing and on the ground, but as soon as someone gets a knee to the head when they put their hand down they are in absolute agony, dying, coma-bound, in no possible way to continue, could die. Fake acting FTW

The ones with the best acting skills can get cheap wins in UFC, so acting is the most under rated for sure.

Joanna's elbows while she's pushed up against the cage.

What are some of the most under rated skills in MMA? Maybe they are unexpected and just okay or under rated and world class.

I will start

Khabib's guard/bottom game.
I have seen a few people suggest taking him down is the path to victory. However if you notice every time hes been taken down, he has threatened with a submission almost immediately and has gotten a few really nice finishes off of his back
i've never seen khabib fight off his back. who's taken him down?

Woodleys timing is next level. good pick
Cejudos timing is pretty good too. Reis and TJ finishes really showcased it.

It's strange cos you could just call it distance management which all the best fighters have. GSP in particular always knew his distance until he lost a step eg Condit high kick. Main reason why I think Israel could be a long time champ, when he's in there he just seems to have more time to move than other guys have a right to

Back