Who currently is the David vs. Goliaths in MMA?

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
There have been many fighters who in the early days just entered to prove how tough they were with very little prerequisite skills to do battle..,,,,However, I am almost positive that one of the UFC guys in the ring the other day, had only started training 3 years prior.. It may have been the guy Cowboy beat.

Regardless, there HAS to be some guys on the radar that may not have been Division 1 or even trained any combat until later years but still has something that says, This guy is a Fighter!

Can anyone think of any current late bloomers who MAY, show the MMA world that prior accomplishments have very little weight in a mano s mano battle?

Mike Perry?

I mean hes the best one i can think of.... Not that I think hes amazing i literally just cant think of anyone very good.

He seems like a rags to riches guy and with greg jackson and some patience he could possible progress a little further...

Even if he doesn't, he did damn good. Hes a pro fighter making a living doing what he loves lol.

Anthony Smith vs Jon Jones is the right answer.

Full time construction worker vs longtime UFC Light-Heavyweight Champion

If Jones loses to Lionheart, it will easily eclipse Serra/GSP.

Canner was 3feet smaller and 60lbs lighter when he fought Diaz and got his ass fucked.

TJ vs that mexican guy who starched him in 17 seconds

There have been many fighters who in the early days just entered to prove how tough they were with very little prerequisite skills to do battle..,,,,However, I am almost positive that one of the UFC guys in the ring the other day, had only started training 3 years prior.. It may have been the guy Cowboy beat.

Regardless, there HAS to be some guys on the radar that may not have been Division 1 or even trained any combat until later years but still has something that says, This guy is a Fighter!

Can anyone think of any current late bloomers who MAY, show the MMA world that prior accomplishments have very little weight in a mano s mano battle?

Horiguchi vs Caldewell was literally David vs Goliath

He look more like Goliath himself

but Ngannou passed from poor in africa, to homeless in france, to title shot in USA as pro mma fighter lol
Idk how much he trained to get there

Back