With MMA draws, specifically in the UFC now that its main stream

VIPERdude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
UFC has been main stream but now that its on ESPN kind of officially says in so many ways they have finally made it as high as you can go when it comes to sports. Every sport has either extra innings, overtime, sudden death, or tie breaker round. Why cant the UFC adopt this? It would be a very simple process.

If the UFC decided to do away with draws the procedure can go as follows, judge scores are tallied, ref is then notified judges have it a draw and they are going into the tie breaker round. The referee then immediately notifies the two fighters/teams judges have it a draw, fighters are then asked to fight or not. If they dont wish to do so then they will lose by forfeit. Bruce Buffer announces the draw and both fighters agree to the tie breaker round.

How much harder could/would that be to change and would that be a bad idea.

AGAIN...my reasoning is only because UFC is now a legitimate recognized professional sport being on ESPN, I dont think draws are necessary anymore and that even a combat sport needs an “overtime” to break a tie between two teams in this case two fighters. When two baseball teams remain tied at the end of nine innings, the game continues into extra innings, Why not now lets have UFC go into extra rounds? If a fighter is done, cannot continue or just doesnt want to then the other fight wins via forfeit.

Discuss if you care to I am curious on your opinion.

Bro mainstream is one word smh thought you were talking about streaming services as in espn is now the main stream for ufc

I think your idea is unnecessary because draws don't happen as often as you think.

Nothing wrong with draws in combat sports especially when both fighters gave it their all in the allotted time. The rematch ads to the excitement and shows who improved or made the correct adjustments.

I didn’t read your post
The ufc has one draw
The ufc is not mainstream
A few fighters ate mainstream
Don’t confuse the two

dude baggo/cornhole is on espn. when we see dillashaw crying over his next loss to cejudo on Ellen, then we can say the UFC is mainstream

I think your idea is unnecessary because draws don't happen as often as you think.
If draws don't happen often, then having an extra tiebreaker round once in a while is not going to hurt anyone.

main stream?
tenor.gif

If draws don't happen often, then having an extra tiebreaker round once in a while is not going to hurt anyone.

I disagree.
It doesn't work because of air time. Also, what if that tiebreaker round is a draw as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back