Anderson silva opens up about discussion with Dana for Conor Mcgregor superfight

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Cliffs:
- No no no no
- Yes yes yes yes

<Huh2>

<36>

My thought Is that, although the weight difference would be significant..

If Nick Diaz could fight Anderson, no reason why Conor couldn't as well. That was also the last best version of Anderson we'd seen. After that Is when he started to look like a shell of himself.

This version Is quite far removed from his prime relative to the one Nick fought.

At this stage of his career, assuming we get a good version of Conor..I think It would actually be reasonably competitive.

Not everyone is gonna agree with me here, prob will get a bit of hate..but that's the way I feel.

If Nick Diaz could fight Anderson, no reason why Conor couldn't as well. That was also the last best version of Anderson we'd seen. After that Is when he started to look like a shell of himself.

This version Is quite far removed from his prime relative to the one Nick fought.

At this stage of his career, assuming we get a good version of Conor..I think It would actually be reasonably competitive.

Not everyone is gonna agree with me here, prob will get a bit of hate..but that's the way I feel.

Might as well put Valentina up there too with that logic

On fight night, Anderson is a 6 footer and weighs over 200. Conor is an elven.
UFC doesn't entertain circus fights unless it's one of those lhw-hw type of matchup s that fans want to see.

Guy's unfortunately in it for the money at this point

Last edited:
Might as well put Valentina up there too with that logic
Not sure what that's supposed to even mean.

I'd personally take Conor over Nick In similar close fashion as the Nate fight happened.

In a pure striking battle, at this stage of Anderson's career he could fight him. The issue would be size. Skill and how they matchup stylistically would favor Conor actually.

Though I understand the difference In size could keep many from actually objectively analyzing how they actually match up. I'd like to see It happen at 175 pounds

I'd personally take Conor over Nick In similar close fashion as the Nate fight happened.

In a pure striking battle, at this stage of Anderson's career he could fight him. The issue would be size. Skill and how they matchup stylistically would favor Conor actually.

Though I understand the difference In size could keep many from actually objectively analyzing how they actually match up. I'd like to see It happen at 175 pounds

LMFAO

Dude I love Conor, but be realistic man. Conor could just about handle Nate, who fights at least 1 weight class below Nick. Conor may well be as gifted a striker as Silva- though that's debatable at best - but there's no way he's giving up 6 inches of height and a good 30lb in weight, that's a vast difference to make up. Not a chance he beats even a diminished Silva.

6'2 roidhead who fought up to 205lbs vs 5'8 who formely fought at 145lbs.

Makes sense. Maybe Silva would win his first fight in like 5 years, unless he pisses hot after (again).

A guy who has fought at 205 vs a guy who has fought at 145...

If I were Conor, I'd do it if Anderson could make 170.

Dude I love Conor, but be realistic man. Conor could just about handle Nate, who fights at least 1 weight class below Nick. Conor may well be as gifted a striker as Silva- though that's debatable at best - but there's no way he's giving up 6 inches oht and a good 30lb in weight, that's a vast difference to make up. Not a chance he beats even a diminished Silva.
I've stated my logic.

There's no reason Conor couldn't fight Anderson If Nick was able to. Nick had his moments In that fight as well.

and this version of Anderson is FAR removed from the version that Nick fought.

Skill and style wise at this stage of Anderson's career It's not a bad fight for Conor, It's the size that would the question.

Striking wise, Anderson has the superior kicks, knees, elbows, Conor has the superior boxing.

I think that the fact that there Is a size difference here probably prevents people from actually breaking this fight down properly.

Anderson Is in the twilight of his career. Bisping beat him up, knocked him down. Brunson outstruck him. This isn't a prime silva were talking about here..If it was, I wouldn't be suggesting any of this. all things considered though, In the grand scheme..It would be more competitive than people realize and I say that coming from 10+ years of boxing and striking as my backround and having tremendous respect for both guys.

{<jordan}

I want this fight to happen, so anderson can take mcgregor down and just lie on him.

Would be the funniest shit.

Nick diaz is significantly bigger then conor. This would be a violent KO by Andersen.

I view the difference between peak Nick and Nate to be quite negligible. I think many In the boxing community would agree. The main difference between them has always been the boxing, otherwise they're mirrors of one another. Nate in the latter part of his career had closed that gap.

So, yes.. I view It to be a similar match that Nate was.

Nate and Nick are two of the best boxers in MMA. Much shit as they get, there are not many MMA fighters who get genuine praise from guys like Andre ward and Amir Khan. Two guys at or near the top of the food chain.

All that said, Nick fought him and had his moments In the fight against a far superior version of Silva than we see today. The Idea that even mentioning Conor's name against A 10 year past prime version of Anderson makes no sense Is a little ridiculous. I understand people hate Conor and the narrative is shifted so far against him that people have a hard time acknowledging where he objectively stands..but the reality Is that he's probably the best boxer we've had in MMA thus far, assuming he's at his best one of the better overall strikers.

At this stage of their careers, I think Conor gets the edge skill wise In a pure striking battle..I think It's a question of how he would deal with the size, which is why it makes sense to have the fight at 175 if it ever happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back