Would you like to see Holly vs. Amanda?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
GettyImages-497205582.jpg

Confidence Breaker

“I think that bantamweight is probably where we would fight, I think that would be the case,” Holm recently told MMA Fighting. “Who knows really how the future goes, but I definitely think that bantamweight is what we would fight at. I’ve been wanting to go to bantamweight for a while, but that doesn’t mean that I’m so focused on it that I’m not open to other opportunities at ‘45. I’m just taking each fight as it comes. Aspen Ladd is at 135, so that’s where I’m going.”

. . .

“It just shows how styles make a difference,” Holm said. “So Amanda can’t look at a fight with Cyborg and say, ‘Well, I beat Cyborg, and Cyborg beat Holly, so I can beat Holly.’ It’s just styles make a difference. You look at the fight with Shevchenko and Nunes. It was more of a battle, more of a death match, more of a game like that. And Nunes had a hard time with Shevchenko, who is now a 125-pound champ, but she was able to knock out a 145-pound champ. You look at there’s a 20-pound difference in between that and when they fought at 135 it was just a whole other game.

“A fight with Amanda and I would never be how it went with her and Shevchenko, it’s not going to be how it was with her and Cyborg. Every fight makes a difference because styles make a difference, but with that being said, you can always look at fights and everybody has tendencies and habits and things like that. But that just brings me back to one of my main points that anything can happen in there. There’s no promise of any victory. You have to get in there and work hard and anything can happen.”

. . .

“I can remember that I felt that I don’t care what anybody thinks, I’m going to go show them,” Holm said. “I’m tough, I can handle this, I’m going to prove everybody wrong, and I know that that’s what she’s thinking. I’ll just say this, I’m glad that I was there, I understand where she’s coming from, I understand how she feels. With that being said, knowing how she feels, I can shut that down.

“One of the things that I think was the biggest thing when I was young, a lot of these fighters overlooked me because I hadn’t really made that huge name yet and I thought they’re probably overlooking me because I’m somebody to fear, and I know that she feels that way. And the biggest threat in a fighter is when a fighter truly, truly believes in themselves. She’s going to be truly, truly believing in herself and I need to shut that down.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/...manda-nunes-at-bantamweight-not-featherweight

Doesn't matter how much "ish, ish, ish" we hear... Nunes pieces her up something brutal....

this is a really good match up. I could see holly beating her. Shes smart and technical and realizes she cant throw down with nunes unlike some of the other chicks who have fought her lol. I think the game plan she used vs Anderson could work well. shes skilled enough to survive on the feet. Could nunes keep her gas tank up long enough? Nunes could just take her head off lol

great fight IMO

Holly needs to get a solid win streak together before shes offered any more title shots

She is not wrong imo.

She is a very different style of fighter and could pose problems for Nunes.

Hollys problem though is that Nunes is like a fighter that beat her already but better ... Cyborg.

Holly is one of the most boring fighters on the roster, she needs to retire at this point, maybe get into acting.

Holly is a great technical fighter. She has the tools to beat Nunes, and just needs to put together a great gameplan. I don't see her pulling it off though, Nunes is on her A game right now. We will see.

She'd better worry about getting grapplefucked by Aspen Ladd instead of Nunes.

Would like to see Nunes smash her.

All that bullshit screaming before you throw a strike shit really annoys me.

And also telegraphs her strikes

If Holly went full Condit she could win the fight especially if she can up the volume. She has a great chin but one good shot is enough for Nunes, gotta be careful

Holm isn’t anywhere near Nunes’ level. She shoukd try and win a fight before talking about more undeserved title shots.

If Holly went full Condit she could win the fight especially if she can up the volume. She has a great chin but one good shot is enough for Nunes, gotta be careful
Nunes is literally better everywhere. Would be a beatdown.

Holly just seems to have a hard time getting off and engaging

Nunes is literally better everywhere. Would be a beatdown.
Could see it happen that way but I think she has a path to victory. Buster Douglas her way to a title again

I hate Holly so yes I would absolutely love to see that fight. She would do leaps and bounds better than Cyborg, but she would still get rocked a few times before the night is over.

lol, who cares?

Was happy to see Shevchenko beat up Holm

Holy is a great technical fighter, but she has no power in her hands.

Back