Jones vs Smith in March - blessings in disguise

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
Having Jones to fight 2 twice in 3-4 months is amazing. I am super excited seeing the GOAT stamp smith. To be honest it's going to be awesome seeing Jones run thru guys. Just getting him to enter the octagon would mean alot to the fans and above that feeding him lambs so that fans can witness the man slaughtering them would even be bigger spectacular to watch and perhaps once a lifetime thing to see.. #2019

images

Last edited:
It should be DC, but he's running scared... fans screwed as usual.

I would watch Jones against any opponent and I don't like the DC match-up. It has been done to much

This is what smith wants. hes chance to get it done

Lol Yeah I dont see Smith having a good shot... Hes new to LHW but still an older cat.... Not that athletic no offense... But a tall, Agile, fast, fluid guy like Dominick Reyes would surely have a good shot.. That 6'6 Brazilian dude, Johnny Walker who KTFO of Khalil Rountree also would probably beat Jones... These are a different breed of fighters than Jones is used to, who equal or are taller than him... Hes used to slow, Plodding, stiff guys much shorter than him, aside from TRT vitor and Lyoto who have much shorter reaches and height. Also if you call Gus fluid and athletic, Then your a fool... Its a good time to be a UFC fan imo. HD cameras, All this new athletic LHW blood.

Lionheart is definitely not a can.
He's an underdog though, but we've seen crazier things happen.

Smith in March... hoping he gets a taste of Johnny Walker late 2019. After that and maybe Santos 205 is completely dead...

Smith in March... hoping he gets a taste of Johnny Walker late 2019. After that and maybe Santos 205 is completely dead...

Like I said earlier. Jones never faces a young guy, equal or taller than him who moves fluidly, and has real KO power. Johnny Walker is literally his worst nightmare. Also Johnny is so silly in the cage, none of Jones trash talk would work. Kids insane lol

If DC was scheduled to fight Jones at HW, what weight you think would Jones come into bout ?
220, 225, 230 ?

I would watch Jones against any opponent and I don't like the DC match-up. It has been done to much
I'm sick of his "champ-champ" shit and acting like he's the man. It's fake AF.

No, no it shouldn't he got two shots, neither was competitive. That's normally the end of the discussion.

I think Jones will dominate, but you never know. Didn't think I would see Rousey lose, didn't think I would see Cyborg lose, didn't think I would see Fedor lose, didn't think I would see Tyson lose. EVERYBODY loses eventually. Still picking Jones though.

Here is my prediction for Jon Jones this year since he said he will fight three times this year.

He beats Anthony Smith.

He fights the winner of Jan Blachowicz and Thiago Santos in June and wins.

He fights the winner of Dominick Reyes and Volkan Oezdemir in October and wins.

I think JJ wants to wipe out his division clean before he moves up to HW.

Once he becomes the two-division champ. He'll go back down and defend his belt against Johnny Walker and win.

I think Jones will dominate, but you never know. Didn't think I would see Rousey lose, didn't think I would see Cyborg lose, didn't think I would see Fedor lose, didn't think I would see Tyson lose. EVERYBODY loses eventually. Still picking Jones though.

Smith could definitely win, he is reckless and strong and violent. He could catch Jones, maybe even get an early takedown somehow and pound him out. Anything can happen. If Jones fights smart as usual, using his reach advantage, and keeping to the outside, he should get the W. Also, I hope Smith has been working on his cardio, he gassed hard against Volkan.

Both were competitive.

No, no they weren't. Winning one round then gassing isn't competitive. Evans, Machida won rounds against Jones and Gus won 2, almost 3. Losing 4-1 then getting finished doesn't warrant a third fight.

Santos/Jan winner, Reyes, & Rockhold(needs just 1 good win) are enough to get into 2020. During that time, build up new blood for 2020 and beyond. Rebook Glover/Cutelaba, book Rakic/Shogun, & continue to build Walker & Menifield.

I love where 205 is going.

Back