You have to respect what Anderson, GSP and Fedor were able to do

Threetrees

He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Going into Saturdays event TJ Dillashaw was the argued by some to be the best fighter on the planet

He just got smoked

I know GSP, Silva and Fedor all lost but looking back when they hit their strides all three put together runs of dominance and jaw dropping stats that have to be respected. Will we ever have an era of three seemingly unbeatable champions all at the same time?

You forgot someone TS....
0DEC02BF-F2EC-41E0-870D-B12DA1D303FF.jpeg

Maybe you left him out because he’s that good he hasn’t even lost once yet?

Those 3 were more focused on dominating instead of chasing the GOAT status by planning on challenging Cejudo and Holloway lol

<mma4><5>

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't look like Khabib is losing at 155 anytime soon bud... Add Jones and Nunes to the mix and you have three MMA Giants...

Majority of athletes, prelim fighters, 4 liners, ect. all deserve hespect.

It's a lifetime's worth of work you're looking at.

Good one.

You forgot someone TS....
View attachment 509963

Jones, is in my opinion both better and greater than all three. But part of what made the runs of Silva, Fedor and GSP laudable was that they were uninterrupted and for the most part without controversy.

Too .uch diferences to make a direct comparison, IMO. But I already do respect their accomplisments for what they are.

Fedor was the #1 HW from March 16th 2003 until June 26th 2010.
That is 7 years, 3 months, and 10 days of being the #1 undisputed HW of the world without a loss during that reign.

Anderson was the #1 MW from October 14th 2006 until July 6th 2013.
That is 6 years, 8 months, and 22 days of being the #1 undisputed MW of the world without a loss during that reign.

Aldo was the #1 FW from November 18th 2009 until December 12th 2015.
That is 6 years, 0 months, and 24 days of being the #1 undisputed FW of the world without a loss during that reign.

GSP was the #1 WW from April 19th 2008 until December 13th 2013.
That is 5 years, 7 months, and 24 days of being the #1 undisputed WW of the world without a loss during that reign.

Jones was the #1 LHW from March 19th 2011 until April 28th 2015
That is 4 years, 1 months, and 9 days of being the #1 undisputed LHW of the world before he was stripped of his title.

Impressive stuff.

Doesn't look like Khabib is losing at 155 anytime soon bud... Add Jones and Nunes to the mix and you have three MMA Giants...

That's a good point, especially Nunes and Jones
But again. We know how this sport goes, there have been many a fighter that it was hard to imagine them losing and then they lost. Khabib could get tapped by Tony next fight and no one would bat an eye

Jones, is in my opinion both better and greater than all three. But part of what made the runs of Silva, Fedor and GSP laudable was that they were uninterrupted and for the most part without controversy.
Fair enough. I think that’s what makes Jon that amazing though.

Through all the bullshit and sideshows he remains unbothered once that cage door closes. GOAT

i respect what one of them did.

Too .uch diferences to make a direct comparison, IMO. But I already do respect their accomplisments for what they are.
Direct comparison to TJ? I'm not trying too, just remembering three dudes who once they got their strides on their worst day still seemed to come out on top

Fedor is by far the GOAT since he did it at HW! Also hes the most athletic of the 3, including Jones. Fedor beat roided people Im sure he would beat Jones at HW as well.

Direct comparison to TJ? I'm not trying too, just remembering three dudes who once they got their strides on their worst day still seemed to come out on top

A direct comparison of their winning streaks and the elements of them that demand my respect.

I don't know anyone claiming dillashaw was the goat ts.

A direct comparison of their winning streaks and the elements of them that demand my respect.
Oic

I wasnt directly comparing them myself though
They're grouped together, for me, more by impact than anything else. They just happen to go together for me

Fedor, Silva, GSP are the old gods ...

The new gods are Jones, Khabib, Nunes

With some GSP type of luck with judges ... Mighty Mouse could have still been here.

Back