Did Colby Get Screwed Not Getting the Tyron Fight, or Does Dana Have a Solid Case Against Him?

Leonard Haid

Minimalist Living the Illusory Dream
@red
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repeat post. I'm still not clear about this.

It's half and half.

Colby did get screwed, but Dana sort of had a legit case because of Colby's inactivity.

Colby kinda screwed himself.

Can't be making demands when you aren't holding the real belt and not a draw.

Didn't Colby have two opportunities to fight him?

If he's the best ww, like he claims, he'll be back right?

Colby was interim champ
He needed surgery
He was good go for the MSG card
Woodley said no
Now Woodley is fighting Usman simply because he has a better chance of beating Woodley than Colby
Let’s be real Usman did what Colby did but Colby did it first

There's blame on both sides.

Dana created Colby's sense of entitlement by giving him an interim title when it wasn't really necessary. When you get the interim strap, I think it's reasonable to expect you've got next. The problem more so seems to be Colby and Woodley can't get on the same schedule; when one's fight ready, the other is rehabbing.

Can't be making demands when you aren't holding the real belt and not a draw.

Didn't Colby have two opportunities to fight him?

According to Colby, he wasn't allowed to fight Woodley in UFC 228 because the UFC's doctors refused to clear him. If that's the case then Dana absolutely fucked Colby up in the ass and it is inexcusable for Dana to allow Usman to jump over Colby.

Colby got screwed. Now we're left with a fight no one asked for or wanted. Only one that benefits here is Usman

Woodkey will put usman away in right around 13 minutes

Woodley ducked Colby in 219 , 230 ,233 and he refused to do TUF with him so 226 is also there.

If it's pissed Colby off then it's all good for me.
Colby loses to Woodley and Usman anyway so having them fight now instead of after Woodley beat Colby is fine.

he got srcrewed, no doubt about it
as much as i dislike his personality he was the intern champ, i mean why create a new belt in a division if you'll never unify it?
I also thought that the colby-dos anjos for the belt was pretty stupid, but they did it, so now they own the guy a shot at the real belt, that s how it works or at least how it should work

The interim belt was a joke anyway. Giving an interim title when the champ is a few months from defending is absurd.

He got screwed but it is hard to have sympathy for a guy who goes out of his way to be a dickhead.

According to Colby, he wasn't allowed to fight Woodley in UFC 228 because the UFC's doctors refused to clear him. If that's the case then Dana absolutely fucked Colby up in the ass and it is inexcusable for Dana to allow Usman to jump over Colby.

He said he offered Colby this fight, and he didn't take it. So that seems like Colby fault. But you can't believe a word DW or Colby says so...

Never a Colby fan but him pissing in Dana's shoes has made me a temporary fan.

One of the things that happens in the UFC is that if you help out the company, the company helps out you. Derrick Lewis was out of his mind coming back to fight a month later after the beating Volkov put on him. But the UFC needed a headliner. Now Lewis has a nice new contract. Usman agreed to be a short-notice replacement for the UFC to make sure they didn't lose a card, while Covington sat on his ass.

Now Dana gets to do good for a fighter who did good for him, and show all the rest of the fighters who BigFoot really is. Dana isn't working for his friends anymore. He has to show return-on-investment, and if that means some fighters get screwed. Fairness went out the door with Lorenzo.

One of the things that happens in the UFC is that if you help out the company, the company helps out you. Derrick Lewis was out of his mind coming back to fight a month later after the beating Volkov put on him. But the UFC needed a headliner. Now Lewis has a nice new contract. Usman agreed to be a short-notice replacement for the UFC to make sure they didn't lose a card, while Covington sat on his ass.

Now Dana gets to do good for a fighter who did good for him, and show all the rest of the fighters who BigFoot really is. Dana isn't working for his friends anymore. He has to show return-on-investment, and if that means some fighters get screwed. Fairness went out the door with Lorenzo.
Good point. Dana likes the guys who help him out and Usman put himself in that position. He was on standby, willing to fight while hurt, won another fight which impressed, Dana.

Usman is playing the part of good company man and he is getting rewarded.

Of course, Dana will dump him if he makes one wrong move.

Back