UFC Cejudo vs Dillashaw Fight Motion

Decent event, sucked that most of it was on ESPN+

It was a legit stoppage, was it the best? No, but I wouldn't say it was a wrong call.

tTTJrOE.gif

by @bigwaverider

Last edited:
It was a legit stoppage, was it the best? No, but I wouldn't say it was a wrong call.

The more TJ has talked about the loss the more I've been forced to change my opinion and agree that it was a bad stoppage...

... bad in the sense that I really would have enjoyed seeing TJ take a lot more blows to the face before the ref jumped in.

The only example that even comes close was the first Cody fight. And TJ was saved by the bell in that exchange. Come on, son...

Yeah and he showed an impressive ability to go from completely rocked to finishing a guy with just a minute break.

TJ was still fighting and defending. He wasn't cowering or anything and it was a championship fight.

Yes, after a minute break. As opposed to after a full minute of hammer fists. lol

Considering he wasn't even hurt as badly by Cejudo as Cody had him hurt, I think the fight should have continued a bit more, there was a lot of the line and he was trying to wrestle when the fight was stopped.

TJ came back from worse to finish fighters though.

It was about 10-20 seconds early, I think.
It was a flat out bad stoppage. He grabbed a leg and in a lucid state .Whst would've happened from there ? Who knows. Henry was blasting him but could t.j of held on for dear life until better positioning ? Yes. Flip side of the coin- Would Henry continue to pound him and ref step in anyway? definitely a possibility.
We'll never know cause that was horrible as co-main and main were ruined , hence- everyone was robbed.

Considering he wasn't even hurt as badly by Cejudo as Cody had him hurt, I think the fight should have continued a bit more, there was a lot of the line and he was trying to wrestle when the fight was stopped.

If you want to compare, I think the stoppage in the second Barao/Faber fight was worse. Faber had a tight grip on Barao's leg and was getting punched in the shoulder while holding a thumb's up to the ref.

Finally!!!!!

I’ve been posting this gif religiously—just so someone would shoop it....

tenor.gif
I've been posting the Cruz version religiously whenever I see the original too <45>

I was so happy when bigwaverider updated it

It was a flat out bad stoppage. He grabbed a leg and in a lucid state .Whst would've happened from there ? Who knows. Henry was blasting him but could t.j of held on for dear life until better positioning ? Yes. Flip side of the coin- Would Henry continue to pound him and ref step in anyway? definitely a possibility.
We'll never know cause that was horrible as co-main and main were ruined , hence- everyone was robbed.
He grabbed the leg in an instinctive state...does any lucid fighter believe that they can complete a single-leg while sitting on their butts?

What if they’re trying to take down an Olympic champion?

You have no point.

I've been posting the Cruz version religiously whenever I see the original too <45>

I was so happy when bigwaverider updated it
What?! There was a Cruz version, too?

giphy.gif

How come no one told me?!

If you want to compare, I think the stoppage in the second Barao/Faber fight was worse. Faber had a tight grip on Barao's leg and was getting punched in the shoulder while holding a thumb's up to the ref.

Ok?

Back