Could Jon Jones Make Middleweight and does he wreck everyone at that weight

Mistabutts

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Jon Jones never had trouble making weight and is a similar build to the likes of Anthony Smith and Luke Rockhold,

He walks around naturally slim and has been as low as 215 in the cage at LHW. Most Middleweights usually weigh in around the 205 mark in the cage,

Do you think it's possible for him to make MW and if yes How does he do against Whittaker, Romero, Rockhold, Weidman and the rest?

He could make it easily and dominate. Just have USADA sign off on him taking a bunch of diuretics and EPO then pulse on fight night

Anthony Smith is 6'4" Luke Rockhold is 6'3 they are both big guys too they aren't total rakes, I think Jon could make it without issue

I didn't think Dillashaw would make flw to be honest but he did with seemingly no issue,

i know we are talking 20lb not 10, but Jones Doesn't even look sucked in or diminished at the weigh ins

His legs would disappear if he tried to make mw.

205 to 185 is an extra 20 pounds lol. Did you see how lean he was vs gus?

even if he could he would be so depleted i bet he would be shot. Thats the biggest jump in weight.

I would say no, he couldn't make it.If he could, he wouldn't survive after the weight cut.

It would be like watching TJ cut except larger. That's another 20 pounds.

Jones beat three MW title contenders, two of whom were in MW when he fought them. Funny enough people made fun of Jones for beating Belfort and Sonnen cause they were MW's yet they actually came closer to finishing him than any LHW did.

Not a freaking chance, but if he could do it in a healthy way he'd destroy the division in a not-so-fun-to-watch way.

It will be interesting seeing him Face off at weigh ins with Smith,

Smith made Middleweight and is a pretty big dude!

Does it matter if he could make weight ?

If he showed up at 205 Dana would just move the entire event to a more sympathetic Athletic commission city and the fights on !

<Goldie11>

anthony-johnson.jpg

Could he make it? Yes.
Should he make it? Probably not.
Though i do think if he made weight he would dominate. Jones is probably the best fighter at using his size advantage. If he could fight even smaller fighters i see no reason he shouldn't dominate.

even if he could he would be so depleted i bet he would be shot. Thats the biggest jump in weight.

I would say no, he couldn't make it.If he could, he wouldn't survive after the weight cut.

Dude that's what PEDs are for

Back