What happens to flyweight now that Dana’s plan has backfired?

emema

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It doesn’t take a genius to spot Dana’s shady plan. Dana made TJ vs Cejudo so he could get rid of the flyweight division once TJ won. Obviously this backfired which is why he was so visiblely pissed after the result. Now that flyweight is still alive, what Fights are there to make?

Whatever the fuck Dana says.

And he most likely be like...

7186bf3d214f09fdb3dc92ac2537320c.gif

If Dana wants the division buried he only has to make the rematch at 135lb, it gives Henry the shot at that belt and if he wins he can scrap 125lb, and if he loses he will class the first fight as a fluke and scrap 125lb anyways.

Trade all the FLW to Bellator for Chandler & Fedor

Cejudo is his hope right now, make Cejudo vs TJ for BW belt. If Cejudo wins again he is the BW champ also a double champ. He gets a better P4P rank and is more marketable, so no need to have a FlW division.
Problem solved.

Have Cejudo fight TJ at 135. Depending how he does spin it that the 125 division is unnecessary because they can compete at 135.

Why has it backfired? Henry showed that he was superior to TJ at 125 - so why is he hiding there? It worked out exactly as planned.

I would be curious to see at what weight class fighter miss weight more often.

I'm sure 125lbs is right up there.

Eat and fight at 135lbs you midgets.

Why has it backfired? Henry showed that he was superior to TJ at 125 - so why is he hiding there? It worked out exactly as planned.

<23> Because flyweight is stll a division with a flyweight exclusive champ.

Now TJ's stock has dropped, merge both in a 130lbs division, anyone who can't make weight can move up to 145. Rematch at 130 for the belt.

Has Cejudo expressed an interest in a permanent move to bantamweight?

There's nothing stopping Dana from still ditching flyweight and having the decent guys there move up

There's nothing stopping Dana from still ditching flyweight and having the decent guys there move up

That would be a bad look. Basically that shows that they will strip a UFC championship and shut down a division just because there is no ratings/exciting fights. But who am I kidding, it’s Dana we are talking about after all

Henry said he won't fight TJ at 135 unless Uncle Dana keeps 125 around.

Cejudo’s preference would be to have the rematch take place at Bantamweight in order to allow him the same opportunity afforded to TJ to become “champ-champ.” That said, he will only move up if he knows the 125-pound weight class is secure.

“It’s legacy, that’s all there is to it. The only reason I would do this is making sure the 125 pound belt is secure for all of us. Not just for me, for all of us. I got to really sit down with Dana because I do not know what’s going on,” he added, while saying he also has no qualms in running it back at 125 pounds.

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/1/21/...ce-32-second-ko-loss-hell-get-his-rematch-mma

Dana be firing those little guys with no mercy. He gives zero fucks.

cut flyweight and have tj and cejuda rematch for 135 belt

easy.

Cut fly and hand Cejudo the 135 belt. Easy

Demetrius Johnson and Cejudo were never my champs nor friends
-DFW

I would be curious to see at what weight class fighter miss weight more often.

I'm sure 125lbs is right up there.

Eat and fight at 135lbs you midgets.

Would that not make them "Short-Sighted?

Back