Why does Conor favor Cowboy over higher ranked guys in the div ?

flowoftruth

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The only thing i can see is that he's a slow starter and has a breaking point when you turn the heat up high enough. Conor is scary dangerous in the early rounds and if he puts the pressure on i can see him getting cowboy out of there.

The other guys are straight up terrifying

a2eb49c2a508cb2fc97d134f292b566597a1e413v2_hq.jpg

Because more fans would rather see Conor vs Cowboy than Conor vs Lee or Poirier

This is a real fun fight that everybody would enjoy, why do you find the need to complain about it?

You probably complained at the idea of Conor getting a rematch with Khabib, and as soon as he calls somebody else out, he's apparently in the wrong....<{cruzshake}>

Bigger name
Beef from years ago
Ensures he gets a massive payday
Tony is fighting for the title
He already embarrassed Poirer in two minutes
So your basically saying why is he fighting Cowboy over AL

Because more fans would rather see Conor vs Cowboy than Conor vs Lee or Poirier

This is a real fun fight that everybody would enjoy, why do you find the need to complain about it?

You probably complained at the idea of Conor getting a rematch with Khabib, and as soon as he calls somebody else out, he's apparently in the wrong....<{cruzshake}>
It's not a complaint i just wonder about the thought process behind it. Though he definitely shouldn't get a title shot off a win here

Remeber when Conor was a FW and said the LW division is slow, feet stuck in the mud? I think he was referring to Cerrone iirc.....

I want to see this fight and for it to be competitive. I think Cerrone can win if he took the fight to the floor.

Because that last loss still haunts him and is fucking with his head. He needs an easy fight to bring his confidence back. I don't blame him, but it also proves he's the very thing he likes to call other people. A pussy.

AL - would break him with wrestling and boxing,heart and skill
kevin lee- would wrestle him and probably tap in him in the first. he could KTFO out of lee but its risky
Furg- Would probably dominate conor and break him with cardio and his chin. Conor could ktfo out of him but thats super risky
Khabib- whats understood doesnt have to be explained.
Cowboy-Looked washed up on saturday and seems like the low hanging fruit...........

but, cowboys weakness is his body not his chin. Cowboy can also wrestle grapple and kick so i wouldn't be shocked if conor is biting off more than he can chew here with cowboy. If cowboy hasnt declined as much as he looked on saturday i have no doubt about it lol.

Bigger name
Beef from years ago
Ensures he gets a massive payday
Tony is fighting for the title
He already embarrassed Poirer in two minutes
So your basically saying why is he fighting Cowboy over AL
We don't know if tony is fighting for the title or what is happening yet

Conor fans say Khabib should fight Tony next

Khabib fans say Conor should fight Tony next

Nobody wants to fight Tony.

Because Conor knows he'd be able to annihilate him long before they even get inside the octagon.

It's a good style matchup for him and will be a good payday.

The only thing i can see is that he's a slow starter and has a breaking point when you turn the heat up high enough. Conor is scary dangerous in the early rounds and if he puts the pressure on i can see him getting cowboy out of there.

The other guys are straight up terrifying

a2eb49c2a508cb2fc97d134f292b566597a1e413v2_hq.jpg
Yea I think he takes cowboy out early .smart fight for Conor to take in my opinion
Would love to see cowboy win it thouhh and the longer the fight goes on the more it favors him

We don't know if tony is fighting for the title or what is happening yet
I would assume he’s fighting for the title
If not things get interesting
If Khabib doesn’t fight Tony he is probably fighting Mcgregor anyway

Easier Fight than someone like Al or Kevin Lee
Bigger name than most of the top 5 so more money
Cerrone is in the final stage of his career

It's not a complaint i just wonder about the thought process behind it. Though he definitely shouldn't get a title shot off a win here

Oh, he'll get a title shot off a win, no doubt about that.

Its a risky fight for the Mac. And Cowboy might be leveling up from what we have seen recently.

Cowboy for certain has more tricks and experience. I favor him in scrambles and other chaotic situations.

Poirier and Lee are way easier fights at the moment imo.

Conor wants that easy fight. He should still fight a top contender if he takes, and wins from Cowboy...in order to be granted anything near a title shot imo.

Last edited:
Back