Whats next for Max?

Anewt

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What's next for Max ? Its been a while since his destruction of Ortega but I still haven't heard much about his next fight.

I know Dana seems to be pushing for him to step up to lw but for me id much prefer to see Khabib vs Tony.

But just curious what you guys think should be his next fight ? Or should they wait and see how Aldo vs Moicano plays out?

Personally i wouldn't be against Frankie getting another shot as he put his title shot on the line vs Ortega . Good company man.

I would love to see Max v Volkanovski but i am a bit bias, in that regard. But his win streak plus the stylistic match up vs max intrigues me.

So who do you guys want to see ?

Last edited:
If Moicano wins vs Aldo make that fight. If not Volkanovski and let Edgar fight another one to earn next title shot

Moicano if he wins against Aldo.

Still think there's something wrong with Max. They said he never sparred once for the Ortega fight.

Why did I think he was fighting Edgar. Apologies.

Moicano if he wins against Aldo.

Still think there's something wrong with Max. They said he never sparred once for the Ortega fight.
Was it true that he got KO'ed stiff in sparring which is why he was wonky the first time? Maybe Max's team doesn't even want him to fuck with sparring anymore?

Give him Volkanovski for the belt so we can maybe just a very lil chance we get Aussie champ number 2!

He should fight TJ
giphy.gif

He should fight TJ
giphy.gif

Come on now, we all know TJ would body "Slow" Max Holloway, and Khabib? Fughetaboutit. TJ's the pound for pound greatest fighter in the world, he just didn't get to show it last night despite clearly not losing.
<36>

1) Moicano if he beats Aldo

2) Frankie

3) Volkanovski

Was it true that he got KO'ed stiff in sparring which is why he was wonky the first time? Maybe Max's team doesn't even want him to fuck with sparring anymore?

I have no clue. I just found it odd that they never found the reason for it, which I thought was bullshit.

After the Ortega fight when they said that he never sparred for this fight made me believe that he did get KO'd and there's some damage to him.

Moicano, Edgar, Volkanovski, Zabit, etc.

Plenty of good contenders- legends and prospects alike.

Moicano if he wins and is healthy enough to turn around in April-May-June. If not, Volkanvski would be my preference over Edgar.

BUT, Edgar is managed by Ali. And Max would probably rather get Edgar's head on his resume. Team Edgar would probably be quick to point out how much easier he beat Mendes than Volkanivski did too.

No matter who they choose I just want to see Max perform again asap. Dream scenario is he defends in the co-main to Khabib/Ferguson in April.

He’s food for Ferguson or Khabib. I’d prefer for him to clean the upcoming talent and then move up when he only has to get over Ferguson.

He needs to fight someone who can grapple before he moves up, imo

Back