UFC on ESPN is crap

masfonos

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Not sure if another thread has been made on this but.....

In New zealand you get ESPN as part of a sky tv package so ads are to be expected, but the ads ruined the card for me.
1. fighters about to walk out, and ads. Then there in the cage

2. And probably most annoying, in between rounds. Whats happening in the corners, whose looking tired, what adjustments are the coaches making?
Nothing, just more ads. And its the same ones over and over.

Hope the pay per views are not like this

Cancel my subscription to the resurrection..

Free tv cost money bro. How tou expect them to recoup? Commercials. 5 dollars a fight is basically free too.

Fight pass cards are free here and ESPN cards are on TSN. Too bad we don't get ppv for free like some countries but at least I don't need to order some shitty app.

Bring UFC back to FOX
mtqg4w.gif

Anything except the fight itself and maybe a view of the corners between rounds is bullshit anyway.

2. And probably most annoying, in between rounds. Whats happening in the corners, whose looking tired, what adjustments are the coaches making?

Maybe that is why they decided to have Trevor Whittman on the announce desk just to review the cornermen in every round of every fight before he went back to being silent for the next 4 and a half minutes.

Maybe that is why they decided to have Trevor Whittman on the announce desk just to review the cornermen in every round of every fight before he went back to being silent for the next 4 and a half minutes.
That was annoying as fuck. He talks so slow and just continues to speak monotone even if there's big shots being landed.

Reminds me of Toby from the office.

Yup, it was trashy. Ad wherever it could fit, it seems. Like some third rate hockey league.

I'd rather not know what happened between rounds instead of being told what you missed, cuz ads, by some middle man, who is seemingly untrained in broadcasting, to sum up 2 corners in -10 seconds.

Last edited:
Here in the Netherlands, we get every main card for free starting from this year. For the (early) Prelims, we are directed to Fight Pass, which sucks because I canceled it in December thinking the channel that bought the UFC rights here would air everything.

I streamed Fight Night Brooklyn prelims and it was horrible indeed. Its jut too much commercials.

I liked the production. Even though Stephen A. Isn’t my favorite I liked the addition of him. I think with more cards they will keep making some tweaks and make each event better.

Was it not the same on fox? The previous fight night cards they always show adverts over the entrances atleast here in the UK. Only the pay per view do they show the entrances too.

Free tv cost money bro. How tou expect them to recoup? Commercials. 5 dollars a fight is basically free too.
Who gives a fuck about them. Aren't they the ones with deals with the cable providers? Maybe not specifically eSPN+ but their parent company ABC most def is be.

In New zealand you get ESPN as part of a sky tv package so ads are to be expected, but the ads ruined the card for me.

You're not a fan of this sports media icon?

IsNNFjK.gif

Well join the fucking club. I'm from the Netherlands and they broadcast it here on MONDAY!! Yes you read that right fucking MONDAY! And worst of all they air some bouts complete and others just highlights. I can watch it live on their website but their player has all sorts of shit inscreen. The network name the UFC logo the timeline in the bottom of the screen.
<codychoke>

I wrote an email to the network and their answer is that they can't air it live because it interferes with their normal programming. Any idea what their normal programming is on a Sunday morning at 4 o'clock? DisneyXD! WTF?! Why start childrens television at 4 in the fucking morning? They could broadcast the UFC event wich ends around 8 in the morning and then start fucking children's television. Fuck em!
<JonesDXSuckIt>

That was my rant.. goodnight!

Back