Megan Olivi asking Dana about the future of the FLW division...

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This had to be very interesting for her

I know shes a professional and works for the UFC with a great gig

But part of her has to be thinking...please Uncle Dana...please keep my Hubby Bear working haha

Especially with Joe B being next in line for a title fight...in a fight he can win...against a top p4p fighter

her hubby will make better money in Japan. He should head there while he still has some fighting years left.

They make more and the fans actually like them over there.

her hubby will make better money in Japan. He should head there while he still has some fighting years left.

Not Japan. ONE.

Benavidez BTW is not a cheap fighter...he gets $85K to show

Joe B teaching Megan some of his patented "Joe jitsu"

<{ohyeah}>

I'm curious how long we have to wait before we get an definitive answer on the state of this division.

And if they keep it I feel bad for guys like Brandon Moreno, Ben Nguyen and Hector Sandoval who were recently cut.

Don’t get it

Adding wmma divisons and removing flyweight

More wmma for all

{<huh}

This had to be very interesting for her

I know shes a professional and works for the UFC with a great gig

But part of her has to be thinking...please Uncle Dana...please keep my Hubby Bear working haha

Especially with Joe B being next in line for a title fight...in a fight he can win...against a top p4p fighter
I thought I was the only one looking forward to that rematch. I thought Cejudo won the first fight (super close) and I think Cejudo will finish him in the second fight. That said, Joe B. is a stud. Cejudo keeps getting better and better.

I still don't get why the UFC just doesn't come out and say we are figuring things out right now. Yes, its true we may move on from the 125ers because fans aren't supporting it fully and we've done what we can with it. Some fighters may be asked to move to 135 and others we may just release from contract.

Currently, they are treating the 125ers right now almost as bad as what ever the hell is going in the women's 145 division. It's almost like taboo for anyone to talk about it and its future.

P.S.: Maybe they are waiting to announce everything once they work it out with all weight classes. There has been many rumors through the last year or so of adding weight classes or moving them around slightly. Maybe a whole overhaul is on the way in the near future. Seem like a lot rumors from various sources that some how got started. Smoke there fire kind of a deal.

Let's be honest the division would be history as of this moment if TJ had won, a major spanner has been thrown in the works hahaha.

"Are you going to fire my husband?"

"We'll see what happens"

I'm curious how long we have to wait before we get an definitive answer on the state of this division.

And if they keep it I feel bad for guys like Brandon Moreno, Ben Nguyen and Hector Sandoval who were recently cut.
If they choose to keep 125 they will never just flat out say so. This controversy is giving the 125 division more promotion than it has ever had. Before this they were largely ignored by media and fans. Now they are always 1 of the main topics when a 125lb fight is on the card. I am surprised people are not noticing how Dana White has played this situation. Henry is even using this as a way to build his brand as the savior of 125. I happen to think 125 might be the most popular it has ever been and it is weird that it would come after DJ leaves.

If they choose to keep 125 they will never just flat out say so. This controversy is giving the 125 division more promotion than it has ever had. Before this they were largely ignored by media and fans. Now they are always 1 of the main topics when a 125lb fight is on the card. I am surprised people are not noticing how Dana White has played this situation. Henry is even using this as a way to build his brand as the savior of 125. I happen to think 125 might be the most popular it has ever been and it is weird that it would come after DJ leaves.

Good point.

It really has had the most publicity maybe ever.

Personally I'm fine with it staying.

And they’d let him ride the roller coaster at the Disneyland in Tokyo too!

I doubt that Benavidez has made 382,000 dollars in the last 2 months.

Good point.

It really has had the most publicity maybe ever.

Personally I'm fine with it staying.

Keep 125 but with 15 to 20 fighters. It's what I'd personally like. There's like a 100 fighters at lw and past their prime vets all over the ufc. Who'd rather watch Sam Alvey or Ed Herman than Cejudo?

Back