If you don’t see the aftermath, you can see Cejudo/Dillashaw stoppage was justified

sdpdude9

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
GIFMaker.org_oTLpkm.gif

At the moment the referee stops it, it looks like a good stoppage, he was totally justified. People are using hindsight to justify it being early but at the time of stoppage, TJ was folded like a lawn chair with his back to the opponent getting hit and not defending. People are using hindsight far too much to protest the stoppage, which I think was justified even with the aftermath.

Last edited:
He was getting teed off on, and his noggin was bouncing in every direction. He was done.

Last edited:
The stoppage was a bit early. It wasnt a BAD stoppage by any means. He was getting lit up...the extra 10 pounds all came from his brain and his chin. He had no business fighting at 125.

I dont think this fight will reflect what WILL (it could still)happen at 135... Henry could still beat his ass, i just dont look at this particular fight as anything other than proof that weight cutting is the most damaging part of mma.

He was actively turning his hips down into a single. What are you talking about?

The stoppage was premature. I wanted TJ to get a further beating.

Should never have gone down, the man was on a run of insane results.

Reminds me of the time he got sparked by Dodson, he needs to put weight on and get back fighting. Protect your neck.

lol at TJ bitching about how he was in on a desperation single leg against an Olympic gold medalist

Last edited:
TJ, TJ's fans, and Dana are all just being salty.

Is normal.

actually no. right when the fight was stopped i was like "aww come on!". i didnt have to see tjs reaction.
it was early as fk. i felt like i got robbed of a great fight.
look at kongo vs pat, frankie vs maynard.

Its so stupid. Henry was on top of him throwing down punches. The ref steps in backs off henry and tj starts comin towards him. Tj thinks he was improving his position because he was ok but really the ref came in to protect tj from gettin more hurt.

He was actively turning his hips down into a single. What are you talking about?

Henry was going to actively deny that td attempt and bash his brains in further

I dislike TJ too but cmon bro thats just mean

Bro, he was working on a single leg sitting on his ass. It's a super legit single-leg.

ForthrightSameIraniangroundjay-size_restricted.gif

The fabled single leg attempt, it’s clear from this angle he was not even close to grabbing Henry and was effectively only half assedly grabbing near him.

After Cejudo lands the right hand that takes TJ down, He slaps him in the back of the head. It makes TJ's head bouncing around look worse than it actually was.
Only the first punch hit TO flush, TJ had turned his hips and was clearly looking to grab a leg. He was in trouble, but he wasn't out. It was a bad stoppage.
The exaggerated head movements are what ended that fight. TJ wasn't nearly as damaged as people are claiming

"Going for a single" aka TJ having his hand near Cejudo's foot while Cejudo had already circled to TJ's back as he continued punching him in the head.

GIFMaker.org_oTLpkm.gif

At the moment the referee stops it, it looks like a good stoppage, he was totally justified. People are using hindsight to justify it being early but at the time of stoppage, TJ was folded like a lawn chair with his back to the opponent getting hit and not defending. People are using hindsight far too much to protest the stoppage, which I think was justified even with the aftermath.
ALL FIGHTS SHOULD BE BASED OFF FRANKIE EDGAR SCALE

1.gif

All the ref saw was TJ head bouncing back and forth. Can't call that a bad stoppage

Referees get crapped on if the stoppage is early or late. They are doing their job, it is the fighters job to do theirs. TJ can complain all he wants but he was dropped twice, being teed off on and not intelligently defending himself.

Back