If you think about PED use, it's scary how much of MMA history (UFC and Pride) is VOID

Dessyboy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
We get out knickers in a knot about Jones and his PED use

I've been watching a lot of the early UFCs and if you get too caught up in fighters who used PEDs, such a huge part of MMA history (UFC , Pride and others) just becomes void

Just off the top of my head

70% of Vitor's career

Probably ALL of Mark Coleman's career

All of Mark Kerr's career

All of Ron Waterman's career

god knows how many in Pride

Most of Ken Shamrock's career

etc etc

Quite scary actually

Bisping and Hunt are the only 2 guys that I believe never took any performance enhancing drugs.

Basically everyone else is on something.

Early ufc maybe but Pride was clear about no testing. Cheating is the problem.

Before testing I'd say 90 percent were on something

I've been watching a lot of the early UFCs and if you get too caught up in fighters who used PEDs, such a huge part of MMA history (UFC , Pride and others) just becomes void

70% of Vitor's career

etc etc

Quite scary actually

Not to mention the people still cheating today. I think most fighters "cheat" just are good at it. The worst case scenario you call it tainted horse meat or the fact you can't get your dick up without pills from "non steroid related" dick problems.

When Vitor beat Wandy in the UFC, he was friggin massive and ripped to shit

Anyone who dwells on PEDs to this extent is living in denial. With the amount of money pro sports generate, there will always be too much incentive for athletes to look for competitive edges. It is extremely naive to think that "those who test positive are the only cheaters there are" when really, tests can only reflect substances they are aware of and the market will always be trying to meet the demand for new products that don't show up on tests.

As far as I'm concerned, pointlessly speculating on all of this hypothetical crap is just a giant pissing match and ruins the enjoyment of the sport because no one is snow white clean and everyone is on a ton of supplements (whether legal or not, they're not exactly natural). If you seriously think "clean" fighters are just eating steaks and protein shakes, you are completely delusional.

Last edited:

70% of Vitor's career

etc etc

Quite scary actually
Given that they weren't banned in Pride, and the commissions only started testing around the time of the Zuffa takeover (and gave Barnett a harsh wag of the finger on his first test), no, most of those careers aren't void.

Hell, multiple fighters have said Pride encouraged them to use PEDs.

PRIDE was a LEVEL PLAYING FIELD.

If you need help understanding the concept, I can work it out for you.

If both fighters are under the same conditions, it's fair.

If one has a illegal advantage, it's not fair.

It really is that simple.

Em. No. Why is this still a thing? It's not the PEDs that's the issue. It's the cheating. Pride didn't ban PED usage so everyone could use freely. Therefore it was an even playing field and it wasn't cheating. UFC have banned PEDs. Therefore Jones takes them to gain an unfair advantage and is a cheater. BIG difference.

If both fighters are under the same conditions, it's fair.

If one has a illegal advantage, it's not fair.

It really is that simple.

These Jones sympathisers try to twist reality at all costs.

Bisping and Hunt are the only 2 guys that I believe never took any performance enhancing drugs.

Basically everyone else is on something.
You also have GSP, DC, Fedor, Khabib, Diaz brothers, Cowboy, MIghty Mouse, there are probably more but I’m pretty sure those guys were clean the entire time.

I mean, it wasn't against the rules in PRIDE. Not sure why you even included PRIDE in the OP at all.

You also have GSP, DC, Fedor, Khabib, Diaz brothers, Cowboy, MIghty Mouse, there are probably more but I’m pretty sure those guys were clean the entire time.

I dont believe for a second that GSP is, or ever has been all natural. Way too many suspicious coincidences from his HGH gut, to how suspiciously he acted when Keith Kizer and the NSAC proposed random testing.

I dont believe the Fedor was clean in PRIDE either, as everyone was using in that org.

Agree 100% about Diaz bros, Cowboy, MM, and DC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back