Does Cerrone do better than Conor against Khabib?

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Good subs, good cardio and great striking, could deff make it a match but its a title fight and its Cerrone...

I'm not sure. He has the tools to do better than Conor, but given his history of underperforming in big fights he could very well end up like Barboza against Khabib

Stylistically yes. Donald is bigger, better cardio, better ground game and more hard nosed.

I think there is a reason Khabib already pulled out of 2 fights against Cerrone.

Nah, Khabib ain't afraid of nobody's bottom game.

his size and stand up is a problem for sure, plus his ground game is underrated, but i think khabib just finds a way to get it to his world.

He can as he has a better all round skill set than Conor but he also has a habit of choking when the stakes are high.

Nah, Khabib ain't afraid of nobody's bottom

I think you might be right

DuXHadqXQAEQRAt.jpg

If they book Khabib vs. Tony for the millionth time and Tony pulls out, I am sure we will see Khabib vs. Cerrone at short notice.

I don't remember now from the head that someone just ran through Cerrone with wrestling (Benson Henderson 1 maybe?). He has great waist lock takedowns and solid bottom game (RNCs and armbars), but that's pretty much it. He even took Till down for a second, something what Woodley failed to do with his wrestling. Wrestling depends on fighter's leverage hugely.

I think Khabib sets him up for a takedown but not as easy as he did with others. I also think Conor beats Cerrone easier than Khabib.

Khabib had 3 takedowns on Conor in 4 rounds (way below Khabib's average of 5+ takedowns per 15 minutes). Statistically, Conor was the hardest guy to take down for Khabib (other than Tibau).

Cerrone would be, by far, Khabibs biggest test. An aggressive striker that is absolutely top tier off his back as far as MMA is concerned.

Styles make fights.

Khabib had 3 takedowns on Conor in 4 rounds (way below Khabib's average of 5+ takedowns per 15 minutes). Statistically, Conor was the hardest guy to take down for Khabib (other than Tibau).
Johnson, Shalorus, Iaquinta, Barboza, and Tibau all had higher TDD% against Khabib than Conor did, so no, Conor was not 'statistically the hardest guy to take down'.
They all got mauled, Conor included.

Also, none of those fighters cheated as much as Conor, to make things more pathetic lol.

Cerrone would be, by far, Khabibs biggest test. An aggressive striker that is absolutely top tier off his back as far as MMA is concerned.

Styles make fights.
I can see it going very much the way it with Barboza. Khabib pressuring not letting cowboy get his striking off, but I think he survives and scrambles better then Conor did and maybe even attempts a submission. Would probably make for a decision win for khabib with many many take downs scored.

Better ground game, standing up could be about the same.

I can see it going very much the way it with Barboza. Khabib pressuring not letting cowboy get his striking off, but I think he survives and scrambles better then Conor did and maybe even attempts a submission. Would probably make for a decision win for khabib with many many take downs scored.

Cerrone is many levels better than Barboza off his back.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Khabib dominate Cerrone but it wouldn't be a surprise to see Cerrone test Khabib more than anyone ever has. Maybe even win.

Johnson, Shalorus, Iaquinta, Barboza, and Tibau all had higher TDD% against Khabib than Conor did, so no, Conor was not 'statistically the hardest guy to take down'.
They all got mauled, Conor included.

Also, none of those fighters cheated as much as Conor, to make things more pathetic lol.
First of all exclude Tibau coz I've already included him.
Secondly, two of the 4 guys you just listed were taken down by Khabib more times than Conor in less running time.
Other two where finished way earlier than Conor was.
Stats from the Conor fight decrease Khabib's average landed TDs (which is the only stat that matters).
P.S. I'm not expecting from a Conor hater to be realistic.

It's so hard to say with Cerrone. He could be all nervous before hand and start off slow and get taken down and tko'd or he could have some trick up his sleeve and hurt Khabib with a sneaky kick or some shit and take advantage of the situation from there. I honestly don't know but I would favor Khabib, and I'm a Cerrone fan, but I'm realistic first.

Back