What Conor REALLY Meant

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When he made the tweet about wanting to fight Cerrone, he probably meant that he would fight him in a sparring match! That he was so impressed by his skills last night that he thinks he would make a worthy sparring partner in his preparation for his next fight.

Or at least that's what he'll claim when the time comes. When it comes fight time, you know he'll choose someone else, and he'll sarcastically disregard his tweet about Donald as just that.

He would be smart to choose Cowboy because even tho he won, he looked very sluggish.

When he made the tweet about wanting to fight Cerrone, he probably meant that he would fight him in a sparring match! That he was so impressed by his skills last night that he thinks he would make a worthy sparring partner in his preparation for his next fight.

Or at least that's what he'll claim when the time comes. When it comes fight time, you know he'll choose someone else, and he'll sarcastically disregard his tweet about Donald as just that.
For the self appointed intellectual savior of Sherdog this is a fucking shit thread. Wasteland incoming I imagine.

It all leads to show HOW GOOD IS CONOR MCGREGOR

He just wants a stand up fight because he beats anyone in a strict stand up fight.

Don’t let the Khabib fight give you the indication that he wouldn’t merk 99% of the roster. Khabib’s just that much better and obviously a matchup nightmare.

a) wants an easy lay up W

or

b) they are trying to drive Khabib's price down for the rematch
(Dana on the phone with Conor telling him there is only that much money able to go around and he needs to work with him a little on this one)

He just wants a stand up fight because he beats anyone in a strict stand up fight.

Don’t let the Khabib fight give you the indication that he wouldn’t merk 99% of the roster. Khabib’s just that much better and obviously a matchup nightmare.
There are still a lot of tough matchups for McGregor like Holloway, Kevin Lee, Barboza, and Gregor Gilespie.
I know Kevin got whooped on but I dont see McGregor escapig the sub attempts by Lee. Iaquinta is a lot better defensively in bjj than McGregor. McGregor would tap immediately same vs Gregor nightmare matchups he will avoid.

Cowboy has always been an easy matchup on paper for Conor McGregor.

Slow, not aggressive, tends to fold under pressure, has been KOd before by superior hand fighters, etc.

There are still a lot of tough matchups for McGregor like Holloway, Kevin Lee, Barboza, and Gregor Gilespie.

Holloway and Barboza are not hard matchups for Conor.

And if Gregor ever gets to that tier he'll lose to McGregor as well. Inferior striking.

Love cowboy but he has nothing for Conor. Hate him all you want, Conor is clearly a top 2-5 LW and cowboy is not,

And if Gregor ever gets to that tier he'll lose to McGregor as well. Inferior striking.
Disagree on Max, that’s a 50/50 fight to me. Guy has improved steadily.

I know 1 thing about Conor. He gives zero fucks and will fight anyone. People her were saying he would never fight Khabib and I was like have you ever fuckin seen Conor? He would fight Woodley next month. He would lose, but he would think he's going to obviously win and he would do it.

It's admirable and stupid all at the same time but I like it. I have zero doubt he actually thought he would beat Floyd in a boxing match.

He chases the next big fight and gives zero fucks about taking an L because in his mind that shit aint gonna happen. The Diaz/Floyd/Khabib losses did nothing to his mindset. Thats just him man. He got owned by Khabib but he would fight him ASAP and completly belive he will win.

I think Barboza could give Conor a good fight. Especially if he comes in with a heavy low kick game but then again Barboza is chinny.

I know Kevin got whooped on but I dont see McGregor escapig the sub attempts by Lee. Iaquinta is a lot better defensively in bjj than McGregor. McGregor would tap immediately same vs Gregor nightmare matchups he will avoid.

Kevin Lee is the most overrated LW.
He did not beat Chiesa, and became more overrated for “subbing” him.

And he has a few losses which eliminate him from the elite category.

Gregor would probably beat Conor, but Gregor is damn good.

Love cowboy but he has nothing for Conor. Hate him all you want, Conor is clearly a top 2-5 LW and cowboy is not,
Would be hilarious if Cerrone so,ehow trips Conor to the ground and just stays on him and subs him. I dont see that happening tho. Cerrones best chance is to land a high kick from nowhere which probably wont happen.

Kevin Lee is the most overrated LW.
He did not beat Chiesa, and became more overrated for “subbing” him.

And he has a few losses which eliminate him from the elite category.

Gregor would probably beat Conor, but Gregor is damn good.
I highly doubt Conor would survive on the ground if Kevin Lee took him down. If you put Conor in all the bad spots Iaquinta was in vs Lee , Conor would get subd.

Conor is 2-2 above 145 lbs. With one KO win, one split majority win, and 2 sub losses.

I'm not saying he's definitely NOT a top 5 LW, but basically the entire body of evidence of his greatness (other than the Alvarez fight) is in fighting smaller guys. Let's see him beat at least a couple more top 10-15 LW's before we lock him in as elite in this weight class.

cantorwont-300x266.jpg

I love Cowboy and people are sleeping on him here. They are the perfect fight for eachother. Conor is the best RD1 fighter there is, and Cerrone sucks so bad at starting that he had to get help for it.

Meanwhile, Cerrone is a technician that learns your movements as the minutes roll by and crushes people after round 2. It could be very very interesting.

Back