What will people say if Cejudo moves to BW to rematch Dillashaw & gets smoked? - Catchweight rubber?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
People worried about Dillashaw's chin, cardio, and strength being lessened going down to FW. Those worries came true when he was quickly blasted by Cejudo and lost. If TJ goes back to BW and immediately rematches Cejudo those weaknesses may no longer be there.

1.) What will people say if Cejudo moves to BW to rematch Dillashaw and gets starched,? What will people say about their legacies?

2.) Will people call for a rubber match? If so, what weight class would it be? I'd say a a catch-weight fight would be in order then.

1) They will say the first win was a fluke.
2) It depends on the method of victory. Most will want the divisions to continue and get back to normal, maybe a rematch down the line (i.e. Cain JDS)

The only way I want to see that fight is if they ditch the FLW division. That really leaves Hank no choice but to move up or move on. If they keep the division he needs to stay at home and defend his belt. That’s how I see it.

It’s mma
Anything can happen
Rematches aren’t always copies of the first fight
No matter what certain sherdoggers try and tell you
Honestly if cejudo beats TJ again they may just scrap BW
I hope they don’t rematch

I dont think a rematch is near. Bantamweight is stacked as fuck and TJ needs to defend his belt vs the winner of assuncao and moraes. Both moraes and assuncao are deserving. The first for his recent brutal finishes and assucao for the insane consistency.

I dont know why anyone thought it was a good idea for snake to move down in weight, He looked terrible.
Christian Bale terrible

Rematch goes the same

Probably.

Just have them fight open-weight if you really want to see who's best.

Last night proved that Henry could beat a guy that practically killed himself making weight the day before. TJ looked like he had cancer and AIDS.

While I can understand Cejudo’s claim to a BW title bout, I hope they just leave it alone and both champs go back to their divisions and defend.

I think Cejudo deserves a title shot...he welcomed the heavier fighter down and starched him...If T.J. had won, there would be no need for it, but he didn’t...The 135 champ lost to the 125 champ...the only way for T.J. to save face and have any legitimate claim to the 135 belt is to fight Cejudo at his weight class.

If Cejudo moves up and loses...then that’s a great way to say “see, we have weight classes for a reason.” and provides more legitimacy to Dillshaw’s title reign.

Don't let it happen. Doing that would grind two divisions into a standstill (again) for 2 years.

Cejudo is getting a titleshot, if he beats TJ then he becomes the BW champ. He will end up doing to TJ what TJ did to Cody, or if he loses then he is just another BW contender that got lucky against Dillashaw in the first fight.

However i don't see it happening, TJ's got a chip on his shoulder now and we already know he's a monster at BW. I'm still hopeful for Henry to evolve his style futher, he could be one of the few guys to have a style which neutralises Dillashaw.

I dont think the cut made any difference. Dillshaw has a touchy chin and cejudo is too fast. I think he would go into the rematch with a different mind set, and take cejudo much more seriously, which could make the fight more competitive and possibly even win, but I seriously doubt he'd be able to crush him regardless of the weight class they fight in.

People will say all kinds of retarded shit, no matter what happens.

I mean, TJ literally believes that he didn’t lose the fight—despite what we all saw...

giphy.gif

They would say "holy shit weight cutting REALLy is bad". TJ had no damn business going to 125. I swear i saw him get rocked by a spit wad on the way to the cage. I think the extra 10 pounds was all chin.

I think tjs chin is shot. He probably did his brain in with this last bad weight cut. Hes too old to cut weight like a teen wrestler.

Back