Tj was hit with too many clean power shots in too short a time , the referee had to step in

flowoftruth

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The only reason it appeared early was because of the INSANE speed of cejudo..

OffbeatExhaustedGharial-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Bottom gif definitely shows TJ shooting for a leg while the ref steps in

Can’t stand TJ, hope he gets KO’d worse in his next fight, but that’s a bad stoppage

1. Push
2. Missed kick
3. Shot to the temple that knocked him down
4. A lot of hitting punches
5. Cejudo misses/doesn't do damage with his last 5 punches.

It was an early stoppage, no doubt about it.
Sucks.

Bottom gif definitely shows TJ shooting for a leg while the ref steps in

Can’t stand TJ, hope he gets KO’d worse in his next fight, but that’s a bad stoppage

Cejudo is a fucking Olympic gold medalist. You think that he's going to get taken down by a guy on queer street flailing with his arm?

If the ref hadn't have stepped in, Cejudo would have had TJ's back.

The last couple of shots in that sequence missed, but he'd already been hit hard and dropped multiple times. The ref made the decision to step in after the last KD.

Last edited:
You can clearly see tj flop and limp. Cejudo was clearly in position to keep hitting him.

Tjs so called "single leg" is clearly nothing more than a punch-drunk reflex.

Good stoppage. People are just salty.

In a prelim fight this would have been an OK stoppage. But the magnitude of the stakes in this fight should have played a part in the ref letting it go longer and giving TJ more of a chance to recover.

I won't go as far to say TJ was robbed, but he deserved a little more scrambling time.

Early or not, the reality is Dillashaw got murked at a lower weight division.

I like TJ but I do think he would have taken more shots from Cejudo

You can clearly see tj flop and limp. Cejudo was clearly in position to keep hitting him.

Tjs so called "single leg" is clearly nothing more than a punch-drunk reflex.

Good stoppage. People are just salty.

Have to agree here. Yes, TJ is tough but he would just have received more unnecessary punishment.

Maybe not early stoppage, but inopportune stoppage.

I think about 3 seconds before that when Cejudo was wailing on him TJ was out, but one of them woke him up and he was starting to try to scramble again. Against a wrestler the quality of Cejudo, it would've just delayed the inevitable.

cejudo landed a single clean left hook in that finishing sequence
just shows how much power that boy is packing, BROWN PRIDE BABY

Cejudo is a fucking Olympic gold medalist. You think that he's going to get taken down by a guy on queer street flailing with his arm?

If the ref hadn't have stepped in, Cejudo would have had TJ's back.

The last couple of shots in that sequence missed, but he already been hit hard and dropped multiple times. The ref made the decision to step in after the last KD.

Maybe...maybe not. Another 20 seconds would have answered the question. It was a championship fight, both fighters deserve a just finsih. The stoppage was early.

The way how salty TJ is does remind me of a spoiled child, who was promised the world. Now this is not my normal though process, but damn if he would have been the 1st death in the octagon, TJ, would have been like. Cejudo did not beat me, I was robbed. My body just gave up and died, but my soul is here ready to fight.

Maybe...maybe not. Another 20 seconds would have answered the question. It was a championship fight, both fighters deserve a just finsih. The stoppage was early.
Dude was not coming back, it was over it sucks for TJ fans, but just like you guys were gloating over his victories over neck tat, 'tis is done son!

Dude was not coming back, it was over it sucks for TJ fans, but just like you guys were gloating over his victories over neck tat, 'tis is done son!

Was it over? TJ was scrambling for a single leg and bounced up immediately.....so, it really was not over.

I would like to have seen the fight go for another 8-10 seconds, just so there was no dispute. The refs need to let it go a touch longer, every fighter won’t whine about, if they get TKO’D

Back