Do smaller fighters have worse chins?

Bojka

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Imagine TJ getting hit by a heavyweight.

The shots Cejudo landed weren't big shots even by 125 lb standards. They weren't clean anyway. I don't think it would be possible for Cejudo to knock out a heavyweight like even Overeem even if Overeem was tied to a chair with his hands behind his back and Cejudo was allowed to throw haymakers at him.

I mean the force behind Cejudo's punches would be equivalent to a pawing jab at heavyweight, which wouldn't even count as a significant strike.

Weird to see someone go down to a glancing shot so early in a 125 lb fight.

I've always wondered this, but I usually imagine Overeem landing a full-power knee on Valentina Shevchenko

<27>

wow congrats, you figured out that heavyweights hit harder than flyweights, and flyweights don't hit as hard as heavyweights.

Cejudo was throwing with bad intentions and something to prove bra.

Broscience

Wheres the proof Flyweights cant take punches like HW?

I remember when i was 4 someone threw a ball at me (he was also 4) and i cried.

Now, 37 years old, i wouldn't give a shit if a 4 year old threw a ball at me.

So yeah. Science bitch.

This fucking thread is both sad and hilarious, lol

Imagine TJ getting hit by a heavyweight.

The shots Cejudo landed weren't big shots even by 125 lb standards. They weren't clean anyway. I don't think it would be possible for Cejudo to knock out a heavyweight like even Overeem even if Overeem was tied to a chair with his hands behind his back and Cejudo was allowed to throw haymakers at him.

I mean the force behind Cejudo's punches would be equivalent to a pawing jab at heavyweight, which wouldn't even count as a significant strike.

Weird to see someone go down to a glancing shot so early in a 125 lb fight.
It was the weight cut. He was not meant to fight at 125.

A perfectly placed punch can ko anyone literally it’s about rotating the neck and pinching a nerve so if a person is relaxing a ko can come from a small amount of force. But you can also us brute strength if you have the size advantage

you obviously have never seen

roger huerta knock out that huge NFL guy
and all the small guys that knocked out mark hunt who was 300 lb+ at the time and is touted for having an iron chin

I mean smaller guys have Kod larger men. Lee Murray vs Tito for the back alley championship and I think Roger Huerta blasted a big guy out cold.

Bigger guys generally have better bone structures so yes I'd imagine they can take a better punch and consider this, a moving bus hits a stationary bus and another bus hits a mini, which vehicle comes off worse?

A perfectly placed punch can ko anyone literally it’s about rotating the neck and pinching a nerve so if a person is relaxing a ko can come from a small amount of force. But you can also us brute strength if you have the size advantage

It's not pinching a nerve. It's the brain accelerating into the skull, forcing it to say wtf and turn off or get scrambled.

Obviously. Bone structure and all that.
No FLW on the planet would still be alive after the kick Cro Cop landed on Mark Hunt, for example.

No way. There's more KOs in heavyweight bouts, so obviously flyweights can take harder shots. Duh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back